Chapter 4

"Hey, Smitty! Looks like we have algebra together!" Scotty called out, approaching me, Evan following close behind. "Why do they call it algebra? It's really just- Math; the reawakening."

"Can you even do math, Owl?" Evan gasped dramatically, "no! I can't do math! You've figured out my darkest secret!" I let out a small snort, covering my mouth out of shock. "Oh. My. God! He's so cute! Can we keep him, Ev? Please?" Scott exclaimed.

"He's not a dog that we're looking to adopt but sure. I like him, he's cool." I couldn't help but smile at his words. I know he probably meant it as a friend but it was still enough to make me smile and have hope that maybe, just maybe, Evan could end up falling for me.

"Haha- uh- where are we gonna sit?" I asked since I personally like the back of the class rather than the front. Scott shrugged before speaking, "I'm gonna sit with SImone. You can join us if you want," he offered Evan and I. "Hell yeah! I miss Simone, it'll be nice to see her in person and talk to her face-to-face, y'know?" Scott nodded, "I get it. What about you, Evan?" Evan sighed, "I'll probably sit in the front like I normally do. Have fun sitting with her, though," he smiled softly at us.

Oh yeah, Evan liked sitting in the front. I didn't know the reason or if there even was a reason. I smiled at nodded before letting Scotty drag me over to where Simone was sitting.

"Jaren!" Simone spoke happily, letting herself smile at me. Simone was one of my closest friends and she was also apart of the only group that rarely called me Smitty. "How have you been?" "I've been good. Evan and his friends kind of stole me from John." She frowned slightly, pausing before saying her next sentence.

"How does John feel about it?" "What do you mean?" I asked confused. I looked to Scotty for an answer since he was also friends with John but he just looked to Simone. "You don't know? I thought he told you?" "Told me what?" "Nothing just- forget I said anything..." After trying to press Simone into giving me an answer I just waited for the teacher to come in.

Everything was fine. I was fine. I was fine up until 25 minutes into the class. I kept glancing to Evan who sat four seats in front of me. I could feel something similar to butterflies in my stomach but it wasn't butterflies. It was more extreme. I could feel something soft trying to escape from my throat. It feels like a storm is coming. A big one. I rose my hand as fast as I can but the Mr.Waters doesn't see my hand. I couldn't breathe.

"Yes, Jaren?" I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't. I help my free hand over my mouth. Blood. I could taste blood. I stood up and quickly ran out of the room, finding the nearest bathroom. I quickly ran into a stall and that's when everything came flooding out. I expected something to come out but I didn't expect what actually came out. Daffodils.

"What the hell?"