Chapter 8

When two people fall in love, there's no telling what will happen especially when there are other people pining for them. One of them changes schools. He had brown hair.

The other one has never said a word to the brown haired boy. He has black hair. The day the brown hair boy left, the black haired boy felt different. Rumors had been surfacing but he refused to believe them. Then, almost a year later, the black haired boy sees the brown haired boy in the park.

He's walking around with a boy who has dyed white hair. The white haired boy is in love with the brown haired boy. The black haired boy watches from afar. "How's Evan?" "I don't know. I'm not in that group." The black haired boy, Evan, hears him name and begins listening from the picnic table he sits at. "Well I mean- you told me you'd try to talk to him."

"I've said less words to the guy than you have-" "that's not possible if I have never said a word to him." The white haired boy rolls his eyes, "I don't see why this is so important to you, Smitty." "You're so annoying sometimes, John." "I just- I don't understand! There are so many other people!" John's jealousy grows more clear. Evan can feel it. Evan feels the same way. Why?

John sighs, "look, I'm sorry just- Evan's group isn't my scene. I don't really like most of them..." "You don't have to apologize..I shouldn't have called you annoying. I'm sorry-" "hey, it's fine. You're right. I am annoying sometimes." John smiles. Smitty smiles back. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Smitty and John leave the park. Evan hasn't looked back to David or Lui. "Ye alright bud?" Something begins to stir in Evan. The feeling comes back and so do flowers. Flowers begin to fight their way to leave his throat as he covers his mouth in order to stop them from coming.

He can't though.

A single flower escapes his grasp. David looks shocked at the sight of the flowers and looks to Lui. Lui feels sick. Evan begins to cough and runs to the nearest trash can in the park. Everything comes flooding back.

In his rush, he leaves behind the flower. It wasn't anything David or Lui had ever seen before. A striped carnation is what sits at the table. No blood. No petals missing. It was perfect. It would have been a beautiful sight if David and Lui didn't witness where it came from. It scared David. It was so different from those he saw from Lui. Evan makes his way back and sits down, eyes dull. Suddenly, he catches sight of the carnation.

"I-" "Evan, carnations aren't common, much less striped carnations-" "what does it mean?" Lui paused, mouth open. He looks up at David momentarily. "I don't- know." Evan's hands move to cover the sides of his head. "This is something I haven't seen..I've never heard of someone coughing up more than one type of flower. Why do you have two-"

"Three," Evan corrects startling Lui.

"Three?"

"Hyacinth, carnations, dandelions." "I don't- I don't understand." "I don't either! Delirious' favorite flowers are roses! How did dandelions get mixed in there?" Evan cried loudly. "Do you like someone else?" Evan shook his head almost immediately. "No! Of course not!" He was angry.

"There has to be something...I don't understand. You love Delirious right?"

"Of course!" True.

"Do you love anyone else?"

"No!"

Liar.