Chap 2 "Internship+Field Work"

Steve's POV

After three weeks, JJ was able to convince Danny to bring her to work with him. I heard them bickering from the hall. "If I didn't know you guys were siblings, I would've thought you guys were married," I stated.

"Well, my sister thinks your going to hire her to Five-O because of her criminal justice history," Danny replied. "Please tell me that's insane and my sister shouldn't be in something orchestrated by you."

"That's actually why I asked her here, Danny," I replied.

"You're kidding," Danny groaned. "This is exactly why I wanted you to decline his offer."

"Danny, I can take care of myself," JJ smiled. "I did take down three burglars that busted into our home back in Jersey, didn't I?"

"Three burglars?" Grover asked. "By yourself?"

"Mhmm," JJ nodded. "Danny was at work. I was with Rachel and Grace." She looked at us. "I was sleeping on the couch at the time because our home wasn't big, but they came in through the back door. I had a trip wire set up and a spoon struck a pan, waking me up."

"I don't use the back door, ever, so that trip wire saved her," Danny stated.

"I reset the wire every night because Grace runs back and forth between the backyard and the porch," JJ replied. "The front door, Danny knows to unhitch the wire attached to a steel bat."

"This girl got all kinds of tricks up her sleeve," Grover pointed. "I like her."

"JJ Williams, younger sister of Danny Williams," I smiled. "JJ, this is Captain Lou Grover, Officers Tani Rey, Adam Noshimuri, and Junior Reigns, and Special Consultant Jerry Ortega." JJ shook her head. "Meet our intern, JJ Williams. She'll also be joining us in the field, Danny."

"Armed or not, I don't want her getting shot," Danny argued. "I got shot on my first day working with you."

"Danny, I can take care of myself," JJ nodded.

"Yeah, sure, my twenty five year old sister," Danny crossed his arms.

"Pop quiz," Junior stated. "Cross contamination?"

"Shouldn't be any if you're wearing gloves and the correct gear," JJ replied.

"Okay, she's good," Junior nodded.

"JJ, if you do get into any tight scrapes with any law-enforcement agency, you have them called me, if I'm not detained as well," I replied. "Five-O is a task force put together by the governor of Hawaii. We have immunity and means under him."

"Danny, can you remind me again what your job is?" JJ asked.

"When I first moved here, I told you I was Detective Danny Williams working for the Honolulu police Department," Danny stated. "I was on a case for the department about Steve's dad being killed. And then Steve decided to hire me and put me on his task force." I crossed my arms. "And now I am doing more cardio and I get shot at a lot more. Welcome to my dangerous job."

"You told me you were doing police work," JJ pointed. "Not some task force put together by the governor and being lead by a guy who used to be in the Navy."

"How'd you know I used to be in the Navy?" I asked.

"Did I say Navy?" JJ asked. "I meant to say, you look like a guy who used to be in the military."

"And you just so happen to say Navy?" Grover asked. "Yeah, I'm not buying that."

"How'd you know?" I asked, again.