Chap 11 "Not So Different From Hawaii"

JJ's POV

When we landed in LAX, and got an Uber to the nearest Enterprise so I can rent a car. I then drove us to our home and we walked inside. "So, what do you think?" I asked.

"It's really nice," Grace replied. "Thank you Auntie J."

"You're welcome," I smiled. "We should go get set up in our room and then I'll take us out to eat."

"Yeah," Grace smiled. "Food sounds good right now."

"Okay," I nodded. I went to the master room and unpacked my suitcases. I got dressed and went down to the living room to wait. "Grace, you almost done?"

"Yeah," Grace walked downstairs

"Yeah," Grace walked downstairs. "Why are you wearing jeans?"

"Because I grabbed the first thing I saw," I shrugged. The doorbell rang and I opened it. I looked at the guy. "You must be Chin."

"And you must be —" he looked at me, "—Gracie's older sister?"

"Uncle Chin," Grace smiled as they hugged. "This is actually Auntie J. She's Uncle Steve's wife."

"Yeah, I knew Steve got married but I didn't realize she'd be so young," Chin replied.

"Please, come in," I sighed. He did and I closed the door. "How old were you expecting me to be?"

"Late thirties," Chin replied. "You look like you're in you early thirties."

"Late twenties," I nodded. "I'm only 27."

"How do you know Danny and Grace?" Chin asked.

"Danny Williams is my older brother," I replied. "Grace is my niece. That's how I met Steve."

"He offered you a job, didn't he?" Chin asked.

"Yeah, and I really enjoyed working at Five-O, but I applied for Disney and I got hired," I shrugged, as I noticed the envelope in his hands. "Grace applied as well and she got hired. I am here for her."

"You don't have to explain yourself," Chin smiled. "I know Danny well enough to know that he won't let Grace come all the way to Anaheim alone."

"What's that you got there?" I asked.

"It's addressed to you," Chin replied as he handed it to me. "It was in your mailbox so I decided to grab it on my way up to the house."

"Thank you but please don't make it a habit to bring me my mail when you drop by," I sighed. I opened the envelope and read it. Glitter fell to the floor. "I think they wanted that to be pixie dust."

"Disney," Grace smiled.

"Hello friend! Welcome to the Disney family. We're inviting you to our Disney Descendants cast party. You and one person of your choice have been asked to show up to this magical ball," I read. "Hope you see you there. Mal and Ben."