Chap 9 "New Job?"

JJ's POV

"My name is JJ Williams-McGarrett, Five-O," I stated. "He's Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett."

"Let me guess," Shadoe looked at Steve. "You guys are married."

"Just for a couple hours," Steve nodded. "Your little stunt kinda made our wedding go a lot faster than we intended it." I kept my gun steady on Shadoe as Steve zip-tied his hands together. "Let's go turn this boat around."

"Way ahead of you," I smiled. I walked to the cockpit. "Hey boys. Shadoe wants the boat turned around now."

"We haven't got the product," Zeo stated.

"He doesn't care," I replied.

"I'll go ask him myself," Zeo nodded.

"Be my guest," I shrugged. Zeo walked past me and I knocked him out with the butt of the gun. I kicked he other guy and knocked him out. I zip-tied their hands to a pole. "If I want things done, I gotta do it myself." I took control of the boat and drove it back to the marina. Coast Guard was there to help us out. Danny met us at the marina with Steve's truck. "He's about to give me an earful."

"JJ," Danny ran up and hugged me. "I thought you were as good as dead."

"I can handle myself, Danny," I replied as I let go. "I knew it would've been risky but I would've taken them myself before we ever got to international waters."

"I know," Danny responded. I looked at Danny. "You two go home. I'll take care of things here."

"Thanks, Danny," Steve stated. We got into his truck and Steve drove us home. He sat on the chair. I grabbed the mail off the table by the door and sat on the couch and looked through it. "Anything come in?"

"Bills and junk mail," I nodded. I found a letter addressed to me. "I totally forgot about this."

"What?" Steve asked as he came and sat next to me. He looked at it. "Disneyland?"

"Yeah, I applied to Disneyland a couple weeks ago," I replied. Steve leaned back and looked at me. "Steve, I love Five-O and working with you, but Danny's right. I can't keep getting hurt and have my life flash before my eyes."

"What about the restaurant?" Steve asked.

"I don't even know if I got the job yet," I stated. I opened the envelope and read the letter to myself silently. "I got accepted."

"I guess that means you're going back to the mainland," Steve sighed.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I already told the church and they're having a going away sermon planned for tomorrow. I also have a meeting planned at the restaurant tomorrow afternoon." Steve hugged me. "And I guess I'll be telling everyone at Five-O tomorrow evening."

"Can I drop you off at the airport?" Steve asked.

"You're taking me all the way to the park," I replied. I looked him in the eyes. "I can't believe we'll be miles away."

"Hey, it's okay," Steve replied. "We got this, babe."

"I know we do," I smiled. Sunday morning came way too fast. Steve and I were sitting in the front row as they sang the second to last song. "I'm gonna miss this."

"For our last song, we would like JJ to join us onstage," Jacob stated. I got onstage as he handed me a mic. "Today is her last day as a Hawaiian resident as she is leaving us to go and work in Anaheim, California. I know she'll do great in whatever God has for her."

"Thank you, Jacob," I smiled. "I guess this is my last song here." Jacob nodded. "So, we're gonna end the morning worship with Royalty."

The music started. "From rejected, to accepted. From forgotten, to remembered. From the victim, to the victor," I sang. "Who we are is not the same, and it changes night and day." I smiled as I looked at the members of the church. "No longer orphans, now sons and daughters. Worthy and wanted, we belong. We are, we are, we are, we are crowned in dignity. We are, we are, we are, we are heirs to majesty." I finished the song and we listened to the sermon. On my way out, I was given leis and flowers. Steve drove me to the restaurant and the whole staff was in the party room. "I'm glad you're all here."