3

"Hello, Near." L replied.

The angel-like boy, Near, stepped outside, gazing at me for awhile. And then looked up to L.

Now that he stepped closer, he's actually a human. For someone who's anti-heaven realm people, of course I wouldn't want to be in the same room with an angel like human.

Angel? He's more like a snow child with a monotone voice.

"As I told you before, she will be your roommate." L said while trying to put his left hand on my head but I dodge it, giving him a glare.

As he told him before?? When did he- oh.. the phone call...

"I thought I'll have my own room?" I asked, still glaring at L.

"Most room have one bed. But all the one bed rooms are already occupied so you have to share with someone."

"Most room? So there are still other room with two bed right?"

"Do you not want to share a room with me?" The albino asked, twirling a lock of his hair with his fingers.

Yep, you guessed it.

"No." I simply said.

"May I ask the reason?"

"You're all white. I hate white." I blurted. Snow child just stared at me, confused, while mister emo detective face palmed.

"I think you'll be good friends with Mello." Emo detective said, still face palming.

"Who's Mello? A jello?" I grinned at my own joke.

"He is the second successor of L." Near said, ruining my joke.

"Oh yea? So lemme guess. You're the first successor?"

"You are correct."

From how he act to it, the position differency, and from L words, I could guess that this Mello guy tried hard to beat him. But this snow child could just care less and keep being first. Poor Melljells.. whoever you are..

"No wonder he hates you snow child." I said agreeing to my own thoughts.

"Snow child?"

Uhh.. I think the 'he hates you' part is more important but oh well..

"Yea, you're white and all like you're born from snow."

"I am not born on winter." He said obviously monotone.

"Kid, that's a joke-" I was going to start a beautiful fighting scene but L grabbed the back of my shirt with just two fingers. He should teach me that.

"Alright you two, stop." L said, but mainly at me.

"I was gonna give him a friendly hug." I lied, obviously.

"I do not think that is necessary." Near said.

"Why? Are you gonna turn into dust if I touch you?" I said as I remembered an anime scene.

"Don't start again. You will be his roommate and somewhat get along." L said as he stared at me. Or more like a glare.

"I will try to be a good company." snow child said.

Yea sure..

"You'll be fine having him as a roommate. And please don't try anything to hurt him."

"Why? Oh! he's actually your son? No wonder you two look alike. So who's the mother? Oh, and can I-"

"No, we're not related and I'm not married yet. Stop making weird assumptions. And no, you couldn't dye his hair so he would look like me."