CAPOR TIN

At first, Emery thought she was passing out. Until she heard Casey's voice from behind her.

"We were not in time out, sis." She pulled what was covering her face off, and realized it was her new favorite turtle sweater. "Since we had the time, we went to grab some of your stuff. There's a bag here. I tried to give you your favorite sweater, but Raphael said he knew better, and wanted to give you this one." When Emery heard Casey say Raphael, she expected rage or at least annoyance. Instead, she was greeted with the playfully sarcastic tone Case usually had. As she looked up, she saw Casey casually leaning on the turtle, and Raph smiling at her. Emery sighed in relief, but then paused, looking at Casey. She wore the turtle sweater a lot recently; hadn't he notice? No, of course not. But that was alright.

"But this is my favorite sweater?" Raph's small grin burst into a triumphant smile, and Casey's face fell in shock. He looked at his sister incredulously, processing the information. Emery pulled he sweater over her head, and slipped her arms through the sleeves. It was getting a bit chilly anyway. Weren't turtles cold blooded?

"I thought the witch one was your favorite?" Emery smiled, after slipping on the black sweater with the upside down turtle on the front. Casey had teased her a lot about wearing the witch sweater, a gift from their dad.

"The witch one is a close second." Raph chuckled, sitting at the kitchen to eat, while Casey grumbled and placed the bag at Emery's feet. They gave each other glances, one smug and one annoyed. Raph shrugged, and turned to Emery again.

"Well anyway, since your gonna be here for a while, we figured you would need some stuff." Emery smiled at her older brother, and laughed.

"While I appreciate the gesture, I don't think I'll be staying here as long as originally planned."

"Yes you are!" Donnie exclaimed from his lab, as there was a small explosion, and some smoke. Donnie came rushing out, his face black from soot, but he didn't seem to care. "We have no idea how far the Krangg tech's healing goes! Until I have a good idea of what exactly it did to you, you are not going anywhere. A single trigger could cause you to mutate, or cancel your molecular structure, or short circuit your nerves!" Donatello started to list reasons why she couldn't leave for 'science', but Emery was freaking out.

"Wait, what do you mean I could mutate? My 'molecular structure'? You said that nothing bad was gonna happen!" Casey looked back and forth, his face twisting in shock.

"Hold up, she's a mutant!?" Raphael shouted from the kitchen shoving more eggs into his mouth. He wasn't sure how he felt about that. On one hand, he could make sure she was safe, and happy. But on the other, did she want to be mutated? What about her family?

"No, no! I used Krangg healing tech on her, is all. This caused her to get odd healing powers, similar to a..... lizard, I guess is the best example. Her rib is naturally a few weeks from healing now, but with her powers, I have no idea how quick it'll be. I don't know if the exposure caused her to have a more sudden effect, since she is human, or if this is all she's gonna get." Donatello explained it to Casey, and Raph listened in. Casey looked shook, literally. He was shaking. Raph seemed concerned, but otherwise didn't care. 

Emery stared at Donatello, confusion still written on her features. She didn't like the thought of being a mutant. Not that there was anything wrong with mutants, but she had a life, and a family. Not much of a social life, mind you, but a life. Raphael caught onto to her look, and narrowed his eyes slightly.

"I'd say she's fine. Look at her now. Just last night couldn't stand on her own." Emery pointed to Raphael as he spoke, and nodded her head.

"He has a good point." Then the TV was switched on, and the space heroes theme song struck out in the lair. Emery's head flew to the TV, and Casey groaned.

"Oh no. Now we have TWO of them." Raph looked at Casey in confusion, prying his eyes away from his blue banded brother, who was dancing to the theme song.

"Two of who, Casey?"

"SPACE HEROES?! HOLY CRAP YES!" Emery's voice shot out through the lair, and Leo looked ecstatic.

"You watch this show too!" He got up, and started singing the theme song. Emery laughed, and started singing in perfect time with Leo.

"Oh my shell. No." Raph groaned and banged his head on the table as his brother and new friend started singing the space heroes theme song. April started laughing and Mikey grinned wickedly.

"Yo! The new girl is a Spacey too!" Michelangelo laughed along with April, and Donnie simply smiled at the two. At least she was feeling better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was a short Chapter. oops. Spoiler, I dont really have a word count for how long each chapter is. I just kind of write as I comes. I promise next chapter will be longer with more fluff though!

And then back to the drama. >:3