Chapter 44: Lies

Why did I ever date such an asshole?

I brush away the thought as I open the front door to my house; no use in dwelling on the past.

"Hi dear, how was your day?" My mother asks, looking up from her book.

"Fine," I lie, and she nodds.

"So, we were looking into a few things and found some places that looked like they offered some really good guitar lessons." She says it confidently, and I shrug her off.

"Nah, I'm good, I'll just go back to teaching myself," I say nonchalantly, walking towards the kitchen to get a snack.

"Are you sure? We found some high ranking teachers who could easily replace you're old teacher." The way she says it sends a surge of anger through my body.

No one can replace Billie...

He's Billie Joe fucking Armstrong!!!

"I'll still pass, thanks," I say sarcastically, but she doesn't take the hint I'm ready to end the conversation.

"You positive? Because there were a lot of girl teachers, so you wouldn't have to worry about repeating the situation." She gives me a wry, knowing smile, the dirty assumptions clear in her eyes.

I'm so fucking tired of this bullshit...

"Mom, how much of a whore do you think I am?!? I'm gonna just flat out say it because everyone seems to be thinking it; Billie and I never fucked, okay?!? That's disgusting and I'm real damn tired of hearing about it. And secondly, Mom, you know I'm bi so why would the teacher's gender even matter?!?"

She doesn't respond, and I mutter "Exactly," as I head up the stairs to my room, ignoring her calling after me.

I'm done with being treated like this.

I flop down on the bed, pulling on the Warning hoodie Billie gave me, then take my phone out of my pocket. I lock the door quickly, the click on Billie's contact, now covertly named Meagan. Holding the phone up to my ear, I wait.

"Hello?"

"Hey Beej, sorry to bug you, just-"

"You're not bugging me kid, I'm just waiting for Mike and Tré to stop arguing so we can start rehersal!" He says the last part loudly, and sure enough, I hear familiar bickering in the backround. I get a sudden flash of jealously.

"I wish I could be there," I say sadly, but Billie laughs.

"I'd gladly trade with ya love, and I bet Jase would too," then to the guys, "Can you assholes shut up I'm on the phone!?!" I stifle a giggle as I hear Tré shout, "HI MINI ARMSTRONG!"

"Tell him I say hi," I say, grinning.

"SHE SAYS 'HI' BAC-MIKE, I SWEAR, PUT TRÉ DOWN!" Billie shouts, and I can't surpress my laughter anymore when I hear Tré screech like a dying animal.

"What the fuck is going on over there?" I say through my giggles, and Billie's laughs.

"I'm currently babysitting two grown men who don't know how to adult," he says sarcastically, but his tone changes suddenly. "How 'bout I come pick you up and you can help keep everyone under control?" I force laugh, but the statement saddens me slightly.

"Wish I could Billie, I really, really, do. But I can't; I just told off my mom about her trying to replace you, so..."

"Yeah, I kinda figured that was the answer, but it doesn't hurt to try," he sighs, sounding disappointed. "It'd be nice to hear your singing voice again."