the week in between

Ugh. When I get back to school all those damn extras are going to be bombarding me with their fake pity and nonsense. It wasn't going to fix anything just angrily thinking about it but I couldn't help it. Just considering it made my knuckles white and a growl ready behind my lips.

All week I've been brushing up and developing my JSL. I WILL BE THE FUCKING BEST! I'm a fast learner (obviously I am natural good at basically everything) so it wasn't that hard to be honest.

It's Friday now and I am sooo glad. Not that I would ever tell those losers but I have kinda missed the self-proclaimed "bakusquad". This week has been incredibly boring I wasn't even allowed to use my quirk or train at fucking all. So, I studied so now I'm even further ahead of the stupid friking curriculum and just wasted time all week. Which will make going back even more annoying.
I've already had my hearing aids fitted. I thought my hearing would be fully recovered while wearing them but surprise not. I guess everyday is a school day. Probably should of concentrated more when at the doctors.
Knock Knock. I turn as my mum enters the room surprisingly calmly. "How are the hearing aids, darling?" She asks face contorting in an unreadable expression.
"Better than not hearing at all." I say huffing. "I'm gonna let that one slide young man but your on thin fucking ice.", She warns, "anyway can you go to the store to pick up these ingredients for me. Thanks." She says thrusting the list at me and getting away before I can organise my thoughts enough to protest.
Hmmph. Old hag. I'll go might as well. I need to some fresh air and too see the sunlight at least once this week.
I shrug on a jacket and pull the hood up and adjust my hair to hide my hearing aids as best as I can without fussing too much.
I grab my keys, wallet and phone and carefully put them in my pockets patting my pockets down to check their position.

I make my way down from my bedroom surprisingly seeing my mum busying herself by cleaning the kitchen (which I normally do). I brush it off and carry on towards the door. Slowly, I lock the door and checks it multiple times just to be certain it's locked properly. I carefully put my headphones on and put on some fall out boy and mindless self indulgence (I just really love these bands okay? Okay.). Cautiously, I slide my hood over my headphones and make my way to the store listening to my music on a low level to keep myself aware.
"Bakugou!" I just manage to hear cut through my music. Panic floods through my mind. Do I turn around and face them or do I pick up my pace and forge on and ignore the annoyance?! So being the intelligent put together human I am. I try to do both... and subsequently turn around while tripping over my own feet. Graceful I know. By instinct I squeeze my eyes shut and prepare for impact. But a hand grabs my apparently out stretched one and another slips around my waist. Quickly, I'm placed upright and that's when I dare too open my eyes. In front of me is a beaming shorts and tank top clad idiot who I know oh too well. It's Kiri. "Shitty hair?" I question him.
"Yeah bakubro it's me!" He replies happily. I'm so shocked to see him I overlook the stupid nickname. "Don't you have fucking school or something you idiot?!"
"Um it's way after school times bakubro." He laughs awkwardly. Swiftly I whip out my phone check the time and let out a slight gasp. Shit it's late!
"So what you doing -" I don't catch the end of his sentence. God what if he noticed the hearing aids. What if he tells everyone. Oh god oh god. Even the thought makes me feel like I'm about to have a full on mental breakdown. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Okay I can do this.
"Good there bro?" Kiri asks me looking genuinely worried.
"Yeah fine just got distracted. So why you out here anyway?" I try to casually change the subject. He seems to realize what I'm doing and replies "just going for a walk and you?".
"I'm picking up some stuff for my mum from the store." I reply honestly. "Hey you want me to come with you so we can like hang out." He asks making some strong eye contact with the ground. For some reason I can't seem to respond. Oh wait I'm just internally freaking out. Fun. "But it's totally fine if you don't. Don't feel pressur-"
"Yes you damn extra now let's go." I say cutting him off and turning slowly on my heel. Wait did the whole almost smashing my face into the ground even happen I mean he hasn't mentioned it and you know what I don't give a fuck.