sweet and salty

I quickly rush around the corner and look for my final ingredients. So he's gay. Wow. I almost have a chance with him. Well I mean I would have to be gay, we would have to like a hot mess and together we would have to be compatible. Which is never gonna happen. Out of the corner of my eye I see Kiri rush around the edge of the aisle almost missing it because he was skidding. He looked a little frantic. I carry on down the aisle desperately looking to locate the final missing ingredient.
I grab it triumphantly off the shelf and fist bump to myself. "That's the last one I'm guessing?" Shitty hair says chuckling.
Startled I reply "y-yes. All d-done." I compose myself. Goddamn Katsuki your better than this. To go as low as stuttering. Shameful. Tut tut.
"Okay extra let's check out." I say sighing.
We walk side by side to the self service cash registers. "Anything interesting happen at UA then?" I ask casually while scanning items.
"Not really just general dumbassery like kaminari got his arm stuck up a vending machine. Along with other misadventures courtesy of our poor choices, sleep deprivation and big dumbass energy. So you know the usual." He says shrugging. "What about you. Specially after you know what happened."
"Nothing idiot." I say hostily And grab the bag from the checkout point after I violently tapped my card. "Ugh. Stupid fucking extras." I start to storm off but he grabs my arm. "Hey I'm sorry. You've been just a little off you know. You normally look straight in my eyes and stuff but today you've been looking at like my lips and nose area or fiddling with your hair."
I sigh. Plan "don't let anyone know about my hearing aids or in general being deaf probably by dumb ways and generally just hoping my hair would cover it" is already failing. "I've got a secret and it explains the odd behaviour just don't tell any fucking body or it will be your body hitting the ground." I warn him. He seems unfazed - probably cuz he chills with me too much. Carefully I move my hair and tuck it behind my ears and show off my black and orange hearing aids. I tilt my head just ever so slightly so he can see better. Okay this is uncomfortable. Should I move now? How about now? Fuck it I'm moving now. I relax my neck and start a slow pace between us. "I've been losing my hearing for a little while now. Well gradually almost since my quirk developed. It never got to bad. Still not great. Just a  it under average. Then I wanted to go all out and properly beat todoroki and  this bullshit happened. I say gesturing to my ears but my arms are dragged down by the sudden remberance I'm carrying shopping bags. I easily pull them up with my hands. But Kiri noticed and softly took both bags. I dont agrue just look at his lips and see no movement. I look to his eyes and see an inquisitive look cast in them and I carry on. "I didn't want to tell anyone. Well I still don't but yeah.. tell anyone and your fucking dead dumbass." I huff and look off.
Unbeknownst to me we were really picking up the pace. "Okay so I need you to do me a favour." I say softly (honestly can't even heat myself).
"What is it?" Kiri responds immediately.
"Just please help me. You know in school. I'm not ready to tell everyone yet. Today was really hard and honestly took a lot out of me. I cant manage this mich everyday. I do JSL so yeah I'll probably end up doing that a lot."
Kiri just nods understandingly. "It's fine bro. I've got you." He adds smiling sweetly.
I realise we're getting roughly to the area where we first collided (pretty literally). "Hey um. You wanna come back to mine and I'll like cook you something. Like I don't mind but don't feel pressured to or anything damn extra. By the way this doesn't mean anything or shit."

Kiri looks at me incredulously and beams. It's honestly blinding and my heart skips a beat. "That would be totally cool bakubro!" He says. I notice he was announciating his words a little more. But not obviously or rudely. More as a kindness. "Okay idiot let's go." I say. God what are mum and dad gonna think?! Oh well screw them anyway. "Give me one if those damn bags. I'm not some fairy tale princesses or something tch." I grumble as we make our way to my house.