☉01: Greenie Day

⫸ Connection: The Maze Runner ⫷

「 Chapter 1: Greenie Day 」

Three years. That's how long most people have spent their lives in the Glade. Surrounded by the concrete walls that separated them from the maze and the world outside. 

Lia considered herself lucky that she had only suffered a year living inside the walls but still, she knew the situation wasn't pleasant—she loved The Glade nonetheless. The people around her made living a little better. 

Lia leaned against one of the trees in The Homestead with arms crossed and her eyes watching the Gladers do their jobs

Lia leaned against one of the trees in The Homestead with arms crossed and her eyes watching the Gladers do their jobs. Some sending a smile her way to which made her poker expression shift into a timid smile. She wasn't in the best of moods, after waking up from another nightmare. 

The same shucking nightmare she kept having. 

That day, a new Glader would come up from The Box that sent them all there. A new person who would be trapped with them. Another human who would experience fear and be unable to remember anything at all. 

"Morning, Lia." Chuck, a short pudgy boy she had grown to love appeared from beside her. He had come up from The Box just a month ago. The twelve-thirteen year old was beyond frightened and Lia was one of the people that he felt comfortable to be around

Like an older sister—a mother even.

"Morning, Chuckie." Lia smiled at the youngest Glader. She took notice of his wide grin and impatient look in his expression. With a laugh, she said. "Guess someone's excited to meet the new greenie." 

"You bet!" Chuck exclaimed. "I won't be the greenie anymore!" 

Lia chuckled under her breath, she spotted Newt coming towards her with a hoe in hand. Her eyes glanced at the dirty blonde's limp before quickly looking away.