☉10: Mother of Grievers

⫸ Connection: The Maze Runner ⫷

「 Chapter 10: Mother of Grievers 」

With the doors not closing and multiple one's opening, everyone began to panic. Thomas turned to the youngest Glader, a plan in mind. 

"Chuck, go to the Council Hall and start barricading the doors." Chuck nodded, following his order as Newt turned to Winston. "Winston, you go with him."

"Got it." The Slicer said, following after the twelve year old. 

"Teresa, could you watch Chuck for me?" Lia turned to the dark haired girl who nodded. She'd do anything for the blonde girl. 

Gally turned to the other boys and began barking orders. "Get the others. Tell them to go to the forest. Go hide, now!"

"Minho, I want you to grab every weapon you can find. I'll meet you at Council Hall." Thomas told Minho who nodded in understanding.

"Be safe!" Lia called after Minho, Newt and the others who gave her a reassuring smile. Thomas turned to her, holding onto her shoulder as she listened attentively. 

"Lia, you and I are gonna go get Alby, all right?" Lia nodded before turning her head to the sound of the other gladers screaming on the east side of the glade. They were running away from the doors and Lia was unsure why until she heard the whirring and clicking sounds she knew all too well. A Griever's leg popped out from the corner of the end of the maze causing everyone to panic even more. 

"All right, everybody hide!" Thomas yelled, everyone following his command except Lia who stayed still in front of the entrance. She was shocked at what was happening and couldn't move, only watching as a Griever made its way towards her. 

"Lia!" Thomas called out, grabbing her arm to pull her away from getting killed. "Come on!"

Thomas lead her to a part of the gardens where tall weeds and grass with some of the other gladers. They kept silent, kneeling down as to not be seen by any of the grievers. A loud rustle came from behind them along with a scream causing all of them to turn their heads around. Lia could feel her chest pounding as it was silent only for her to scream when a metal claw had grabbed onto the Keeper of the Track-hoes. 

"Zart!" She screamed trying to get to him but he was soon pulled away by the creature. The sounds of more grievers were heard, alerting them that they had to move from their hiding spots. Lia began running towards the homestead, knowing Thomas was right behind her as he screamed running through the leaves. "Go! Get to the village!"

"Alby!" Jeff and Clint had Alby around their necks, the sight of him unharmed made Lia feel some sort of relief. 

"Are you okay?" Lia asked only for Alby to ask. "What's going on?"

"They're here." Thomas told him seeing the sudden change in Alby's expression along with the Med-jacks. 

"Grievers?" Jeff asked them in worry. One of the gladers was taken by another griever not too far from them making them all move back.