☉08: What's Different

⫸ Connection: The Maze Runner ⫷

「 Chapter 8: What's Different 」

With Clint and Jeff leading the way, Lia along with Thomas and Minho followed after the two med-jacks. There was a loud commotion near the tree house where almost all the boys crowded around. Lia's face contorted into confusion as they halted next to Chuck who was smiling at the scene. 

"Chuck, what's going on?" Thomas asked the curly haired boy who was laughing. 

Pointing towards the tree house, he simply said. '"Girls are awesome." 

Lia and the rest of the boys watched as rocks came flying from the top of the tree house along with a girl's voice screaming loudly for them to leave her alone. Gladers from below used certain bins and baskets to protect themselves from the shower of rocks. 

"Watch your head!" 

"We come in peace!"

"Hey throw one more of those things—" A rock had landed on Gally's head before he got to finish his sentence. 

Making their way over to the boys, Lia went over towards Newt to find out what happened. She managed to dodge a rock that came flying between he and Thomas. Guess she didn't have a great experience waking up in the Glade.

"I don't think she likes us very much." Newt exclaimed, hiding under Winston's wooden shield. 

"What do you want from me?" The voice screamed continuing to throw rocks. Lia knew it wasn't the best idea to put them there. 

"Hey we just wanna talk!" Thomas yelled out, hands outstretched to catch her attention while trying to dodge the rocks.

"I'm warning you!" The rocks were being thrown faster, getting harder for some of the boys to dodge it. Lia struggled standing up right to dodge and went under Frypan's shield.  

"Whoah" The blonde girl shouted as a rock almost hit her face. "Hey, girl! It's Lia!"

The flying rocks seized along with the girl's screaming. It was silent for a moment, the girls head popping out from the top to look at the blonde girl below her. Lia gulped, biting her lip as they shared eye contact. The rest of the boys simply watched the exchange. 

"I'm gonna come up with Thomas, okay?" The girl's head moves out of view and Lia took that as a yes. Thomas gave her a reassuring rub on the shoulder as they began to head towards the tree's ladder. 

"Just us." Thomas said to the boys, Gally not liking the idea. 

"Lia." Newt called out to her. "Be careful, alright?"