Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Christine was incredibly busy. The Macaroni Grill was packed. Of course, it shouldn't have come as too big of a surprise. After all, it was a Saturday night. Weekends were always busier than weekdays.

While quickly walking towards the back to get table seven's drink order, she thought about how busy her day had been thus far.

The wedding had been beautiful. Her mother made sure everything would be perfect, and the result was just that. The dress her mother had worn was gorgeous, which made Christine rethink her own dress. Perhaps it wasn't as bad as she had initially thought.

Jeremy was a perfect gentleman throughout the entire event treating her mother like a queen. It made Christine like him all the more. They'd left for their two-week honeymoon after the reception. They were going to a beach in Florida.

So, after everything that had happened between Christine, Brian, their mother, and Jeremy, things had really turned out well. Christine could foresee them being a happy family, and for that she was thankful.

"Hey Christine," Tim said, interrupting her thoughts. He stood next to her while she prepared four drinks. "Busy night, huh?"

"Yeah," she replied, focusing mainly on the drinks so that she wouldn't spill them.

"Look, I know you said you couldn't hang out last week.. So I was thinking we could hang out tomorrow. There's a horror flick out that's supposed to be good. Maybe we could see it together."

Out of all that he'd just said, there hadn't been one question. It was as if he wasn't even asking if she'd go out with him. It was like he was telling her to. Why couldn't he get it through his head that she wasn't interested? "Sorry Tim, but I'm working tomorrow." She didn't want to sound mean, so at least her excuse wasn't a lie.

"Geeze, John has you working a lot, doesn't he?"

"Well, I need the hours. It's not so bad." The drinks were ready, thank goodness. "I'd better get back to work."

Tim watched her walk away while thinking about how beautiful she was. "Maybe another time, then," he said with a confident smile. He wouldn't give up.

Christine sighed once she was far enough away. Why does he want to date me so bad? He doesn't even know me... Inwardly shrugging, she gave the family at table seven their drinks and took their food order.

While walking towards the back to give the order to the kitchen workers, she looked around the restaurant. It's about time, she thought. Things were beginning to die down. Tables were emptying, people were leaving. Her lips curled upward in satisfaction.

It was going on 9:00 pm. The restaurant was practically empty. Christine was ready to take her break. Every night at about this time, her eyes would stray to a certain familiar table in the corner.. She always wished Noah would be there. Tonight, though, she rather doubted he would be. He'd just come the previous night. It was too soon for him to return.

But there he sat. When their eyes met, he flashed a broad smile.

Christine's features brightened at the sight. He's here, he's really here! All previous thoughts of being worn out left her mind.

Her feet immediately led her to his table. "Back so soon?" she joked cheerfully.

"Hello again," he greeted with a small smile.

She had to remember to be a good, considerate waitress. It was her job, after all. "Would you like to order anything tonight?" He'd been ordering wine almost every time he visited lately.