Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Three days... Has it really been three days? Christine was at home on a Tuesday night. This was her first night off work since the previous Tuesday, and all she could do was think about Erik and Noah. She was mainly thinking of Erik, though.

He had yet to email her. It was breaking her heart.

After the email I sent him on Saturday, you'd think... This must mean something.. What if what I said scared him away? He doesn't reciprocate my feelings, does he?

Maybe this was a sign. 'Everything happens for a reason,' she remembered her brother saying. If he was right, then maybe this was proof that she shouldn't choose Erik. Choosing between him and Noah was impossible when it came to herself having to decide. But maybe the decision had been made for her. I guess I should choose Noah.

Erik logged into Pen-a-Pal and waited anxiously for the homepage to load. I cannot believe the mistake I have made. If she emailed me when she got home from work on Saturday night, then my having yet to respond is rude and unacceptable. Not receiving a reply from me in such a large amount of time will surely make her hate me.. or even give up on me. Part of him was wishing he wouldn't find an email in his Inbox so that his thoughts wouldn't come to pass. Another part of him, though, was hoping he would have an email to read, for he always loved reading emails from the woman he loved. The woman I love.. The realization was still so new to him, his feelings so foreign.

The homepage loaded, and Erik felt his heart sink as the all too familiar sound reached his ears that he did indeed have an email. He clicked on the Inbox with a hesitant hand and found, to his horror, that the email was sent on Saturday night. Oh, no..

He gulped but continued forward.

Dear Erik,

First, I want to tell you what I thought of the song you sent me in your last email. I loved it. It was so moving and powerful. You just play so well that it really is unbelievable. I could tell it was a difficult piece. Have you ever thought of publishing your music? Without a doubt, you would get it published, no problem. I believe that with my whole heart. It's just a suggestion, but I really think you should give it a try. Then, if you did get it published, I would be able to say with pride that I know a famous person. This is all only if you want to, of course. Well, I will end it there.

The wedding was perfect. My mom and Jeremy were so happy. There weren't many guests, mainly people from Jeremy's side of the family and a few of my mom's friends. That didn't take away from anything, though. I was the Maid of Honor, as I told you in my last email, and I felt really lucky for that. The reception went well, too. There was a lot of dancing. I didn't take part in that too much. (I haven't told you this before and I'm not sure why I'm telling you now, as it doesn't really matter, but I'm not a very good dancer.) Well, so now Mom and Jeremy have gone to the beach for their honeymoon. They're staying there for two weeks, which is a really long time. I'm sure they'll have fun. So yeah, the wedding was beautiful.

I'm glad you don't mind that I tell you about Noah. It means a lot to me that you're willing to listen to everything I blab on about. I know you already are aware of this, since I've told you before, but our emails mean more to me than I can put into words.

This is turning into a rather long email, but I'm not finished yet. There's still one more thing I want to tell you.

Erik read the words carefully, his full attention fixated on the email on the screen. He didn't even realize he was on the edge of his seat.