Chapter 20

The next morning, I was able to get a bit more sleep since I didn't have to anything for today including patrol rounds.

I showered and did my morning routine picking out my outfit for the day. A pair black ripped jeans, a long sleeved white shirt, some brown boots, a red checkered scarf, and a green jacket I found in my closet.

 A pair black ripped jeans, a long sleeved white shirt, some brown boots, a red checkered scarf, and a green jacket I found in my closet

After my shower, I headed to the kitchen careful not to make a sound that would wake up Zeiden or Sam. I walked in to see the sun already out and shining threw the window. Seems it going to be a good day.

I placed my scarf and jacket on a chair and placed my boots on the floor next to them able to move around more comfortable in my socks. I took out the pancake batter and began to prepare breakfast. I might not be a five star chef but I can certainly make a few things pancakes being one of them.

Once finished, I was able to make the famous pancakes, bacon, and egg. I poured three glasses of juice and milk. Since coffee can promote migraines Thomas made sure to get rid every ounce of caffeine in this house. At first I would sneak some into my office with Laura's help (omega who helps with kitchen work). Though after he found out, he made sure to have reprimand all the kitchen workers about the effect of caffeine on my body. Since then I began to enjoy hot coco instead on some days.

I turned of the stove placing the last slice of bacon on the place and set it on the table. I turned my head towards the stairs. If it was Thomas up there he would have run downstairs the second the smell of bacon surrounded the kitchen.

I walked up the stairs heading first to Sam's room. I walk in finding him adorably sleeping. I sat on the edge of his bed pressing a hand to his forehead. His fever had be gone days ago but he gets sick easily so I rather be safe than sorry.

I picked out a blue, red, and brown shirt for him along with blue jeans, black shoes, and a red beanie.

I set the cloth on his bed then returned to his side and whispered softly into his ear, "Get up, Birthday boy

I set the cloth on his bed then returned to his side and whispered softly into his ear, "Get up, Birthday boy."

I shook him gentle as he began to groan. "Come on get changed and come downstairs I made breakfast." I told him taking off his covers. He groaned for a bit more before popping his eyes open.