Chapter 26

He tensed impossibility still under me not longer in a daze. My eyes widen realizing what I just said. I quickly moved off of him into a siting position with my feet together and knees pulled to my chest.

"I-I I'm sorry. I-You don't have to say anything. I should have said anything. I am sorry." I babbled on scared of how he will react. Stupid me! Why did I say that?! Why couldn't I keep my big mouth shut!?

I looked over to see Zeiden slowly pulling himself up. "Zeiden?" I called his name as he looked at me and hummed in response. "I-I.." I started up but couldn't continue. "Never mind. Excuse me." I said standing up ready to run into the woods when Zeiden called my name. My full name.

"Ruedan Elizabeth Stone, you better not run away after what you just said." I heard Zeiden stated behind me.

"How do you know-" I was about to ask but then remembered the only being in this planet who would cross me like this. "Thomas." I groaned turning to Zeiden who nodded confirming my thoughts.

"What did you just say to me?" He asked walking up to me smiling. I could feel my heart lift at the hope that he would be able to love us too.

"About what?" I asked innocently as he gripped my hips to him growling lowly which was really hot.

"You know what." He whispered cupping my cheek with one hand.

"I love you?" I asked smiling no longer scared or nervous. His smile widened growing impossibly bigger.

"Yes, that. Say it again." He commanded his lips hovering above mine teasingly.

"I love you. I love you. I lo-" he cut me off by pressing his lips against mine, roughly might I add.

I kissed him with the same force when he pulled away and whispered the most beautiful words to ever cross his lips, "I love you, too."

My belly couldn't have taken his words because as soon as they left his lips, it let loose a zoo of animals. My heart beat speeded beyond physically and scientifically possible.

I jumped on him with a squeal having him grip the back of my thighs to hold me up. He walked up forward until my back hit the tree as I kissed the living daylights out of him. That's when I got an idea.

I knew that I could trust myself to not hurt him. I knew at that moment I could be myself around him and I wanted to prove it. I dragged my lips away from his breathing out, "Wait! Let me show you something." I giggled excitedly when he kept pecking my lips. Once I was able to get off of him I stood before him. "Close your eyes." I ordered and he gave me a confused look. "Just do it!" I smiled at him and he did.

"What are you doing, Rue?" He asked as I walked behind the big tree slipping off my shoes and stripping off my clothes. I could feel the cold air around me but it didn't affect me the slightest.

I could hear him mumbling under his breathe as I focused on shifting. I felt as my bone slipped into a new place and the fur sprung from my skin. I walked out from behind the tree jumping and running straight at Zeiden. I barked at him making him opened his eyes curiously but too late. Before he could even brace himself, I had already taken him to the ground.

I licked his face affectionally sniffing his neck for the now enhanced scent with him chuckling. "Rue you could have given me a warning." He said with a scolding tone and I felt bad. Did I hurt him? I whined worriedly getting off of him.

He realized how guilty I felt and quickly said, "it okay, Rue. I am not hurt. See." He stood up spreading his arms wide but grimaced looking down to his left arm that had a long scratch with blood. I whined ears lowered trying to apologize. "No it okay. Just a scratch." He said trying to calm me.