Chapter Five

Bryan's Pov
The next days seemed to roll by in a flash leaving my head in a strange foggy set. I hadn't forgotten about the kiss me and
Reid shared back in mine and Garcia's bat cave. And not once has it left my mind, but at the very same time, I was avoiding him the best I could.

I didn't wanna make things awkward between us because I know Reid isn't gay. For a strong fact I know he isn't bi and it was slowly killing me inside when he would give me the soft innocent puppy eyes that were pleading me to explain to him what was going on/wrong, explain to him why I wasn't talking.

I leaned across the countertop making some coffee listening to Morgan and Emily chat with one another quite loudly but was just leaving me in my daze of a state.

"Hey, baby boy what up with you?" Morgan called out to me. I slowly lifted myself up to sit by the coffee maker still in a daze speaking quietly.

"I'm sore from the gym, I need coffee." I stammered out briefly rubbing at my cheeks.

I felt both my friends deeply profiling me one by one and I felt my eyes grow slightly in annoyance. I watched Reid make his way over towards me gazing straight at me trying to read me like he always does.

"Can we talk?" He asked me quietly messing with his messenger bag gently.

"About what exactly?" I whispered watching his cheeks grow a faint red hearing him clear his throat lightly.

"You know what Bryan." He whispered he flicked his head to watch Morgan and Emily walk off with one another seeing the both of whispering heavily to one another giving us the privacy.

"Reid it's obvious you wanna forget about the kiss." I hissed out and he quickly shook his head.

"What? No, I didn't." He exclaimed out in a loud whisper.

"You automatically assumed that and haven't talked to me in a week." He called out sounding very hurt by my actions.

"It has not been a week!"

"Yes, it has!"

"You ran out right after it happened," I called out slightly growing embarrassed out.

"I only ran out cause Garcia walked in on it, I actually had the longest talk with her Bryan you can't assume I don't like the things you do." I looked at him in disbelief and pulled my messy hair away from my face taking a deep breath in.

"You know what Reid, yes I can because you wanna know why?" I said firmly watching him focus on.

"Tell me, please do." He whispered sadness laced in his voice.

"You're not mine and never will be, every single case a girl is flirting with you but you don't notice.  You don't see me the way I wished you would, and you know what its painful to be in love with someone who doesn't see it." I quickly hid the crack in my voice seeing his eyes go wide and he blinked fast to stop himself from crying.

"Bryan... Why haven't you told me this before?" He asked me taking another step towards me.

"Because it doesn't matter anymore." I called out again, "None of this matters, I shouldn't have fallen for you because who could love me." I whispered watching the tears leave him.

"I could." He cracked out slowly he went forward to touch me but I moved away watching the hurt stay across his face.

"Bryan... Please, you can't push me away... Not now... Do you not hear me I love you." He pleaded out wiping at his cheeks fast to hide all signs of emotions.

I didn't get a chance to speak over him yet again, it felt heavy seeing him shedding a few tears, because JJ was quick to stand between us and blocked us both from few of one another.

"You two come on we have a case." She called out quickly flicking her bright blue eyes between the both of us.

"Great." Reid quickly called out before JJ could ask what was wrong he was already walking off to the briefing room as fast as his legs could take him away from the scene.

"Okay? What the hell is going on?" She asked me worried, whipping her body to focus back onto me I pulled at my hair again my heart pounding away.

What the fuck had I done? Did I really just push him away over something so silly and stupid.

"Nothing JJ." I cracked out quickly moving around her entering the briefing table.

Usually, me and Reid sit right next to each other so we could tease each one another and that quietly but today I sat right by Garcia who gave me a questionable look but I shook my head giving her a reassuring smile.

I drowned out most of the case briefing because his words kept echoing my mind. Seeing him crying that small tears broke my heart in two and it was all my fault by my childish actions.

"Bryan?" I blinked and looked up from pretending to listen locking eyes with Hotch who gave me a knowing look.

"You're coming with us." He called and Garcia nudged me with a smile I inhaled holding back the loudest exclaim.

"Why?" I called quickly and Rossi gave me a strange look as Reid was watching me but focused back on the case file fast.

"Were you not listening?" Morgan joked and I lightly clicked my tongue before briefly nodding.

"We need Garcia back here, but we need you to come with us to Wyoming cause you're that good." Emily joked.

"Haha." I dryly laughed pulling my hair back watching Reid still avoiding eye contact with me.

JJ and Emily were looking between us confused.

"Wheels up in 30," Hotch called. All at once we all got up. My eyes lingered on Reid because he was hiding his sadness and it was all my fault.