Chapter 5

If someone had told me that on my first day here, I'll be in the same atmosphere clutching my cutleries and eating closely to Amar, I won't only laugh at that person, but I'll also spit on his shoes.

I couldn't turn down his let's call it Order, even if I wanted to.

And me defy him, would just make the circumstances worse.

I picked on my food, but I could see from the corner of my eyes his gaze was Piqued, after all I  guess he’s not that stupid not to notice my discomfort.

“Why aren’t you Eating?” his sultry voice shook me up a little. I’m still never getting accustom to his voice.

“I-I had dinner b-before you walked in” I spurted haplessly

Taking his eyes from me before continuing on his Dinner.

I’m fighting myself not to blurt out everything I told Zainab.

I took the chance to look at him since I’d never really had the chance to.

I need to google who Amar Ravellino is.

Huh! Hear me mutter, like I have the internet to do so.

Amar is the most handsome man I’ve ever laid eyes upon. Even much more handsome than my Celebrity crush, Toni Mahfud.

His etched brows is always in a frown. And that keeps me wondering if he ever said the word ‘Cheese’ without smiling.

His Midnight dark irises scares me the most, but it’s definitely what makes him alluring.
His prominent stout makes his eyes stand out even more.
Going down to his sharp angled jaw and chiseled features that could make ladies drown in their drools.

And his lips…are…okay enough of the staring bef-

“You know punishments are given to low-lives like you to stare rudely at someone superior like me.” He caught me completely off-guard.
Having said that, he stood up and left.

I just don’t only want to cower but I want to be buried six-feet.

Certainly my face looked red as cherries.

I finished clearing up the dinning room and discarding the remnants.

Sometimes I don’t feel there are other maids in this manor.
Apart from Jane, Brie, Lindsay and Fallon, I don’t see the rest.

My mind lingered to the fact that this manor would soon be under attack.

As the fear starts to creep in, I fleetly dry my hand on the kitchen towel then proceeded to my room.

After those torturing night in the D room, Amar was empathic? And I’m being transferred to a more humane room.

Looking to how my life would had been; if I had stayed home and suckle up my broken life. Only if I hadn’t met Julian he won’t have broken me beyond repair. Only if my mother was more loving, she’d have turned me into a confident woman and whisper in my ears that everything would be okay. But most importantly, Only if I didn’t went to the park where Bilal was murdered he’d still be alive.

I let my delusion take over my sanity. Thinking I could ever find Bilal’s murderer.

With that, i closed my eyes to sleep the pain away. But as soon as I closed my eyes they flustered open when I heard screams and broken glasses downstairs.

Jane

I surged out of my room and stood in the hallways trying to decipher what just happened.