Chapter 6

There were voices i heard but i couldn't decipher anything after that. I started making counts on knowing who was speaking… one. I counted the first person.

I waited for the next person to speak so that I could continue my survey. two….

i’ve got two people speaking…and I'm trying hard to keep up with this voices that differs…then I heard a familiar third voice.

Zainab

I opened my eyes but I was welcomed with darkness that is pitch black.

I couldn’t move my feet either.

In short, I couldn't move any part of my body. Except a part of my senses which is my Ear doing the job of everything.

I tried reminiscing what happened and that just caused my head to burn so bad.

Help me!
I screamed but to no avail.

I was trapped in the dark.

I was trapped in my mind.

And I was trapped in my head.

The voices echoing outside me drew back my attention.

“she’s been out for two days now. Peter said it was just a mild situation.”
Says a familiar voice that sends goosebumps all over my body.

“I know. But you also need to calm down. Look at you. You’ve grown all pale and darn you really do stink.
All you do is stay next to her all day. Do you want her to wake up and find you like this?” Zainab spoke.

I was surprised on how I could recognize their voices but I couldn’t see them nor speak out.

Amar was with me for a whole two days.

Wow!

I was surely surprised.

“But I want her to see me first when she's Awake” Amar spoke on

My heart clenched and thawed at his words

“Go take a shower.
I’ll take over from here.”zainab spoke in a goading voice.

“Are you indirectly telling me I stink!”
I heard Amar’s voice asking Zainab and I chuckled in my darkness.

I know Amar has a soft spot for his baby sister but he’s always clothing it with hardiness.

Hearing footsteps going farther and another coming towards me.

Then I heard a sigh.

“Just wake up Fiyah. Please” Zainab was practically begging me.

I tried fighting and all to wake up just for her, but it went void.

In my life I’ve never had someone who cares about me this much, As if I was a special being.

Apart from my friends who I’ve missed so much, no one really does.

I one time even doubted if the mother figure I had at home was actually my real mother.
She’s so different towards me for no reason.

That’s why, when I see this whole new phase of love thrown to me, it just gets me emotionally wrecked.

“I know we don’t deserve you. But Amar really needs you. He really does. He’s been going all bleak when you’re not waking up. It’s been days he hadn’t been to work or even taken shower.” I heard chuckling at the last part

All I wanted was to get out of this hellhole.

But right now, I think this broken souls I have no idea about how their past was needed me.