Chapter 7

There was always a saying that if life doesn't show you both sides, You'll never know which was better. And in that way, life definitely ripped me from both.

It's been a week now since mother joined our Progenitors, but me being naive, I was still drowning in the sea- guilt of not being the perfect daughter that she'd always wanted me to be.

My mother had a rough past and it was something that haunts her until I became the one who relieves her from her fears. And that had already justify why she'd hate me.

I was born out of wedlock which wasn't my fault.
She never told me anything about him. Except for the fact that, he ran away when she was two weeks pregnant. I dont know what must had occur for him to run away from responsibilities.

It's not that I don't get bothered about knowing who my father is, It's just I believe if he really do care about me, then he'll never had bailed out on mom when she needed him the most.

Why should I go after someone who I know would deny me especially me taking the Arab looks. Unless maybe a DNA test would be his chance of escape. Basically, I'm a chip off the old block for taking my mother's features.

I never knew any close relatives of mother, Because she never talks about her family. She never had friends either. Not any I've seen.

how sad is my life!

In the good times we had before she turned into a complete stranger towards me for no reason, she narrated how she moved to America because she had an Asylum when she was in the middle east during the conflict that erupted there.

I've been longing to know much about mom. But she never opens up to me. And the thought of finding father just shut down completely. I ripped him out of my life, just like how he did too.

So we're even.

Things were beginning to get teeny-weeny great for me.
Amar doesn't give me that looks that all say 'I'm gon' kill you if you don't tell me the code to the red file.'
Amar even begins to doubt I wasn't Sakeenah. Which was a good thing right?.

And if that happens, I'll be so much elated.

But this souls needs me, A part of me spoke.

Or do you really want to leave fiyah?

He took my blood sample to be comparative with that of Sakeenah's. And in few days we'll be seeing the result.

Zainab showed me a picture of her and that left me dumbstruck. It was literally me looking at the picture of myself.

I now couldn't blame Amar for his deception.

"Its so strange how y'all have the same features but different attitude and worse is y'all aren't even twin!" zainab looked more confuse than I am. But I could seriously not blame her.

She stood up pacing in her room and I just sat there watching her frailly.

The only woman I knew who would tell me history about myself was gone. And all that was left of me was sips of memories I'm bound to shield forever.

I was in a deep thought I guess because Zainab hissed and buried her head in her hands.

"If Amar knows you not Kee, that means.."

Yup! I know what it means

I slowly thought.

It's a bitter pill we all have to swallow.

"Omg. Fii. You can't go! You can't leave me....you know that." She looked like she almost wanted to cry.
"Amar is no more that temperamental beast.
You're succeeding in changing him. It is really working." She looked at me with glossy eyes.