Chapter Five: The Feeling

"Its time to begin isn't it. I get a little bit bigger than I admit I'm just the same as I was why don't you understand I'm never changing who I am."

- It's Time by Imagine Dragons.

---------------------------------------------------------

This feeling Lauren was feeling, was like no other. Both the darkness and the light was giving Lauren a headache and pretty close to going crazy.

Night fall came and Lorna was in labor at the mutation warehouse in the city. Lauren and Andy were both right at Lorna's side holding her hand cheering her on and supporting her. The thought of losing Lorna wasn't an option to either the Von Strucker siblings and to Reeva.

Lorna was important to this first mission coming up. Reeva wasn't going to let a mental break in Lorna as it was causing trouble with the birth process all together. "Lorna I need you to listen to me, were going to show you the Dawn of the age." Reeva step next Lauren as Esme and her sisters stood next to Andy.

Esme, Sophie, and Phoebe turned their heads lightly as their eyes glowed a light blue gaining access into Lorna's mind showing her a better world for her baby. Lorna gasped out of it, replying "I want this."

"Then show me you can do this." Reeva replied, putting her hand on Lauren's shoulder and arm. Lorna screamed as she pushed causing an power outage in the whole city, almost destroying everything outside of the cube they were all in to protect themselves during the birth.

-moments later~

The doctor came back over to Lorna as she was hugging Andy and Lauren as they made it together. The doctor handed Lorna's child to her wrapped in a blanket. Lorna smiled "Hello Dawn."

Andy smiled at Lauren in awe. "You did it Lorna." Both Andy and Lauren whispered to her.

The next couple days went by. Lorna was back in her room with Dawn rocking her in her crib. Dawn was giggling as she enjoyed the rocking. Lorna looked up from looking at Dawn to see Lauren silently opening her door. "I'm not bothering you? I am?" Lauren asks Lorna.

"No, come on in. Dawn's a sweetheart but not much of a talker yet." Lorna joked happily. Lauren walked still unfeeling herself. "Everything okay Lauren? You seem distant since Dawn was born a couple days ago."

Lauren looked out the window of the room fidgeting with her hands. "Something happen two days ago, then I haven't told you or Andy yet and its affecting my sleep and training some." Lauren calmly says. Lorna looks at Lauren worriedly, then picks up Dawn from her crib handing Lauren Dawn.

"Lauren it's okay to feel a little homesick. We all go through that. Look at Dawn she doesn't know who Marcos is but yet he is her father and nothing can ever change that." Lorna explained simply sitting down next to Lauren on the bed.

Lauren smiled at Dawn, handing her back to Lorna. "I should go, Reeva wants me and Andy to train using Fenris on the place you given birth at." Lauren stands up from her position kissing Dawn on the forehead, "thanks for listening Lorna." Lauren gives Lorna a hug and heads towards the elevator to meet up with Andy and Reeva.

In the elevator Lauren stood next to Andy in silence. Lauren remember something Andy said to her when they were kids: "Come on Lauren hold me hand, and let's pretend were the X-Men." Andy smiled holding out his hand to Lauren.

"Mom and dad aren't going to like this Andy." Lauren questioned him biting the last bite of her apple. "Oh come on Lauren I know you want to, it's that feeling you want to have right? The feeling of the wind in our hair like we can do anything like Magneto or Wolverine." Andy joked. "Unless your to scared." Andy mocked Lauren down to the bone.

Lauren grabbed Andy's hand feeling nothing. "See I told you little brother. That feeling isn't real, we're two little kids who want to be like the X-men but can't cause we don't have the x-gene in us. Or in our family." Lauren sighed as she and Andy both tightened each other grip.

A golden light appears around their hand, while they walk home from the park in the dark.

Lauren shook her head a little in the elevator to let go of the past and look forward to the future of all mutants in the world. As the day was getting closer to the end, Lauren, Andy, and Reeva stood in front of the mutation warehouse once more. Reeva turns towards the two siblings. "You two got this, I believe in you." Reeva pulled a smirk smile and watched the Von Strucker kids enter the building alone.

In one of the biggest rooms, Andy joined hands with Lauren. Both of them remembering the feeling of Fenris and the power all at once. A golden light appear in their hands. Lauren and Andy raised up their hands in unison causing the whole building to only appear as one in their eyes. A white light filled the room causing destruction of the building.

The new Lauren was back to being the new her she came to the Inner Circle for. The darkness and to fulfill then the destiny of the Von Strucker heritage and legacy.