Chapter Nine: The Family Name

"Your the air the I breathe.... I try to concentrate with everything I do.... there's a million little things the remind of you."

~Little Things by Maddie Poppe~

---------------------------------------------------------

As nightfall came to morning. Half of the Inner Circle was on their way to fulfill their first official mission as a team though one half of Fenris was on their way to North Caroline, the mission at hand was more important to complete as the news of their teammate would be given to them when they got back to headquarters later that day.

Andy sat next Lorna as Esme drove the car. The feeling of excitement and panic came through Andy as the mission was on his mind and so was Lauren as he didn't like that she wasn't here with him and that fact he wasn't with her. Everyone in the car knew this wasn't easy for him or for Lauren as they haven't been with each other in person for a week.

Lauren on the other hand was two hours away from North Carolina. The thought and feeling of doing something like this made her feel dark inside. Learning a chance to know more of her ancestors and there past given her a deeper meaning of being a true Von Strucker.

Both teams exited their own vehicles. Group 1 you could say that is at the detention center sensed the presence in the air was horrible as the actual building looked it self. If all go to according to plan without the mutant underground interfering with their plans.

Lorna and Andy stepped out of the car alone, as Esme drove off to wait for them to arrive with their guest. Andy clenched his fists preparing to break down walls and free innocent mutants at all costs. Andy broke through one wall knocking down all the guards letting Lorna through first.

Out of nowhere a car showed up from the mutant underground. John, Clarice, and Marcos stepped out of the car. Clarice opened a portal for her and John to get inside the building. Esme radioed Lorna and Andy to warn them of their unexpected guest outside of the building. "Let's do this guys for the mutant homeland for all mutants." Esme checks in on them putting the radio down. Esme looked at her sister giving each other a look of relief of them arriving first.

Andy looks to see Lorna killing the guards due to them having metal guns. Luck was on their side due to Sage making sure no alarms would alert purifiers or sentinel services. Once they reached the door to the cell of the mutant they were after, Andy broke down the door and the wall to the room entering it, picking up someone covered in a blanket covering the person's face.

At the start of the hallway stood two members of the mutant underground. Clarice and John stood there preparing to fight Lorna and Andy. "LORNA!!! ANDY!!!!" John calls out to them with a hatchet in his one hand.

A dark and lightish green appeared around Lorna's hands as she opens all the cells doors on that floor releasing all the mutants causing chaos and mutants getting hurt and possible killed. Lorna and Andrew turn away from the chaos heading out the back door to where the car was waiting for them.

Lauren on the other hand made it her destination after Reeva informing her of the others return safety back to headquarters from their mission. Lauren felt to nervous to take a step inside Dr. Rasim office, Lauren knocked on the door looking around to see people looking at her. A faint female voice on the other side of the door was muttering to someone in there. "As long as the serum is made and done I don't care who you test it on as long as their a mutant. Do you understand me Noah?" The female voice boomed.

Lauren knocked on the door, praying that someone would open the door and talk to her without speaking like a mad man. The door swung open in front of her, on the other side of the door stood a woman the same height as Lauren and a boy who looked like the woman assistant who was taller than the two of them. "Hello, I'm Lauren Vo- I mean Lauren Strucker. I'm hear to talk to Madeline Rasim. Do you know where I may find her?" Lauren asks calming her voice as it seemed a little bit shaky.

The lady at the door dismissed her assistant Lauren assumed was Noah. The lady put her hand on Lauren shoulder guiding her in the office closing the door. "Please have a seat, we have a lot to talk about Lauren." Madeline assured her giving Lauren a glass of water then continues: "I used to work with your grandfather Otto Strucker along time ago if that is why your here. I have something that I think you should have it belonged to Andrea Von Strucker herself." Madeline grabbed a box off her shelf behind her desk placing it in front of Lauren.

Lauren grabbed the music box off the desk. "Is it alright if I keep this? It will help remind me of where I came from, and what it means to be a Von Strucker." Lauren smiled trying to stop her hands from shaking. Madeline grabbed Lauren's hand lightly and nodded to her question. Lauren leaves the room after finally calming herself down enough. Noah the one Lauren recognized from before was standing there looking at a clipboard a few feet away. "Hey do you know where one might find a place to eat and do some DNA research?" Lauren flirted.

Noah smiled putting his clipboard down. "You've come to the right place. I'm Noah, I'm Dr. Rasim lab assistant, one of the few that she actually helped too." Noah explained guiding Lauren out of the building and showing her to one of the labs in the other building to do some blood test.

As the day went on Lauren donated some of her blood to later find out by Noah what Madeline Rasim whole purpose truly is to help mutants and there family. The thought of the x-gene never existing made Lauren cringe and knew that destroying the research was the only way to save all mutants.

That night Lauren paced back and forth in her hotel room coming up with a plan. "If I can get into the lab tomorrow and see where the serum is then destroy it." Lauren boosted her confidence while saying that, alarming knock happened on her door, carefully Lauren raised her hands up in case of it being a purifiers. Lauren slowly opens the door to see no one there.

Lauren peeked around the hallway still seeing no one. Lauren turned to go back inside her room when Fade suddenly appeared. "Jeez Fade, you could just appeared outside my door when you knocked." Lauren joked happy to a familiar face.

Fade hands Lauren a cellphone, "your brother is worried he hasn't heard from you neither has Lorna. Just tell them the truth Lauren." Fade leaves the room turning invisible again, opening the door like someone was going to come in and out.

Lauren became puzzled by the way Fade talked and left the room. Dialing Andy's phone number a ring could be heard in the hallway at the exact moment, the Von Strucker walked out into the hallway to see Jace Turner there. "You've got to be kidding me? This guy again?" Lauren huffed to herself.

The look and thought of seeing Jace Turner again brought back horrible memories from the school dance, being taken to Trask Industries with her little brother. Jace looks up to see Lauren there. "ITS HER FIRE!" Jace yelled with a determined voice.