Chapter Eight: Is It Time?

"Take me home tonight...."

~Take me Home Tonight by Eddie Money~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy layed on his bed playing videos games, as the trial of Lauren and him being in isolation in their rooms. Andy felt regret for not being able to tell Lauren the truth.

Andy paused his game, and felt his heart racing rapidly, Andy felt it coming from Lauren. "LAUREN?" Andy called out praying to hear her voice. Suddenly the door opened vastly to Andy's room to show Sophie rushing into his room. "Andy? What's wrong? Why did you call out Lauren's name?" Sophie concernedly asks.

Andy gets back on his bed quickly and falls asleep thinking of Lauren. Soon as he manage to get relaxed, he woke up in a dream where Lauren was there waiting. "LAUREN?" Andy rushed over to his big sister gathering her into his arms tightly hugging her not letting go. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Please tell me the truth." Andy panicked looking at his sister in wary.

Lauren nods scarcely. "I'm okay, I woke up from a bad dream that's all." Lauren gives her brother a reassuring smile that lead to worries and frightened. Andy could see it in his sisters eyes that something wasn't really okay, and wanted an answer that was the truth.

"I want the truth Lauren. I can see it in your eyes that something is wrong. Please tell me the truth, I don't want secrets between." Andy pleaded to his big sister.

Lauren takes a moment to think about what she could say not to upset or hurt her brother's feeling. "I had a dream about Andrea and Andreas together, in the dream they started using Fenris and Andrea was shot and killed. I woke up screaming and panting." Lauren explained clenching her fists.

Andy looks at his big sister and comforts her by hugging her, and whispering to her calmly "it's going to be okay I promise. I won't let anything happen to you I promise."

Lauren felt reassured by her brother words, Lauren then remembered the mission she is going on the next day since her whole week of isolation is over. "Then promise me that you won't make a fuss out of me going to North Carolina to do this mission. Reeva's given me permission that I can go there and do this after I get out of the whole isolation deal."

Andy shook his head in wary and squeezed Lauren's hand. "I'm coming with you. I can't lose you to humans. I'm not taking no for an answer." Andy scowled.

Lauren looked at her brother. "Andy I need to do this alone. The price of Lorna or the others possibly losing the both of us, is not a good thing. I swear that I will contact and Lorna when I get there, when my mission is done, and when I leave and am here safe and sound." Lauren smiled, Lauren found out that she and Andreas were a lot alike, they both saw the good in themselves and other mutants if that was possible.

Both the Strucker kids felt someone waking them up in the real world. In Andy's room, Lorna was in there with Sophie, Phoebe, and Sage. "Andy are you alright you don't look so good?" Lorna asks Andy with a concern voice feeling his forehead.

"I feel fine Lorna. You stop feeling my head now." Andy answered sitting up looking around his room to see it was daylight outside. "Did I miss training? Oh man Reeva isn't going to be happy." Andy quickly jumped up, then being pushed down on the bed by Lorna.

Lorna puts her hand on Andy's shoulder. "Andy-" Lorna looks at the two frost sisters before continuing to make sure that she doesn't worsen his condition. "Lauren isn't feeling okay either, that's why we came in here. The two of you have been sick this whole week, that's why you guys were truly put in isolation for the whole week." "We had to lie to the both of you to see what is making the both of you sick." the two frost sisters continued.

Andy jumps up from his position and ran towards his closet and changes inside his closet. Lorna stops Andy in his tracks before he got to his door. "Andy the doctor is with Lauren right now. It's not a good idea for you to go see her. You'll be able to see her later when Reeva sets up all up to leave for our mission." Lorna explains to Andy calmly pulling him into a tight hug.

Once everyone felt comfortable to let Andy and Lauren leave their rooms. Everyone gathered in the meeting room. Lorna sat next to her two Strucker kids letting them sit next to each other. Reeva stood up in front of everyone holding her hands and smiled proudly at everyone. "Thank you all for coming everyone, I know this whole week has been hard everyone due to the illness Andrew and Lauren both got now their both better and ready to help our cause. Starting tonight I'm sending Andrew, Esme, Lorna, and Phoebe on their first mission to one of the mutant detention center in one of the nearby towns getting someone we know can help us, with other missions." Reeva explains handing everyone a file on the first mission.

Andy stood up in defense to Lauren. "And what is Lauren post to do? She and I were kept in isolation for a whole week and now you except Lauren to do nothing while the others and I go on this mission?" Andy became filled with rage making the room to start shaking.

Lauren pulled her brother down next to her calming him down making the shaking stop immediately. "Andy its okay let it go. I'm sure Reeva has a reason that I'm not going on this mission with you." Lauren rubbed her little brother shoulder.

Reeva dismissed everyone except for Andy, Lauren, Lorna, and the frost sisters. "Lauren I'm sure you are curious of what your job is while everyone is on their mission, you will be going to North Carolina for that mission you asked me you could do. I need full reports on that mission while your there. If there is trouble, Fade will be your back up." Reeva gave Lauren a wide but wicked smile.

Andy wanted to say something that would have him go with Lauren, but then decides to let it go, "okay. At least if Fade will be there for back up I feel at ease, but I want to know if something happens." Andy gave in to letting the plans go forward.

Reeva smiles at the two Strucker kids. "Good, get some rest you have a big night ahead of you." Reeva walks out of the board room back to her own room.

Lorna stretches out on the couch, Lorna pulls Andy and Lauren into a group hug, before going back to her room. "Goodnight my lovies. Good luck Lauren, and see you later tonight Andy." Lorna walks off to her room to check on Dawn and get some sleep.

The two youngest members of the group leave going back to their own rooms without saying a word to another one.

Lauren entered her packing a bag full of light clothes. A flash memory of Andrea being shot and killed. Lauren clutches her side where she felt like she would of been shot. Lauren catches herself in front of a mirror seeing blood coming from her mouth. Lauren whispered to herself: "What is happening to me?" Lauren wiped the blood from her mouth.

Andy saw Andrea's in his mirror, the though of going on his first mission as a true Von Strucker made his happy. The feeling and rush of having his friends who became his true family over the past months. "I will do our family proud Andreas. I promise, please help Lauren and I both to have your ability and strength to continue helping and building the mutant homeland." Andy prayed.

In both the Strucker kids rooms, they both felt each other presence through Andrea and Andreas. At the same time their family bond pulled them straight into the slightly into the darkness more, but not enough to make them fully into the darkness.

'Let the darkness show you the way home. It can only keep you together never divide you from each other.'