[Not Your Fault.]

Be warned! There are major feels this time around! Also mentions of suicide and cutting.

"It's not your fault..."

Emma toyed with the end of her sleeve as she looked down at the floor. She trembled, trying her best to hold back her tears. Ray stood motionless beside her, unsure of what to say as he tried to process what she had meant.

"What are you talking about?" He asked softly, obviously concerned.

Emma didn't respond, as tears began falling down her cheeks. She rolled up her sleeve, revealing her arm, which was littered with cuts and bruises.

"E-Everything's my fault..."

Ray's eyes widened as he gently grabbed her arm. "Oh, Emma..." He spoke under his breath. "What is this?"

Emma sniffled, latching onto Ray in a tight hug. "I'm always the happy one... the ray of sunshine... the idiot who never does anything right..." She began to sob softly into his shoulder.

"Why would you cut yourself, Emma? This isn't like you..." Ray rested his chin on Emma's shoulder.

She pulled away from him, wiping her tears with her sleeve. "Because I'm scared, R-Ray... These thoughts... they won't go away!"

Ray tightly wrapped his arms around Emma. "Shh... It's okay..." He whispered, rubbing circles in her back.

The room fell hush, if not for Emma's sobs.

"You know what's not your fault?"

Emma's head perked up. "What?"

Ray kissed her forehead. "That I fell in love with you."

That surprised Emma. She couldn't believe it. Someone like him fell for someone like her?

"What?" She asked.

"You heard me." Ray's face was red.

Emma's eyes met Ray's as she looked at him in confusion.

"How?"

"Hm?"

"How can you fall for someone like me?" Emma's gaze dropped as she stared at the floor.

Ray tilted Emma's head upwards so that she was looking at him.

"I love you, Emma. Your eyes, your smile, your laugh... Man, this is cheesy. Anyways, I meant what I said. I love you for you. Whether you have scars or not. Just come to me next time you feel like this, okay?"

Emma nodded slowly. "The truth is... I love you too. I always thought you wouldn't feel the same, or at least, that's what the voices keep saying..." She laughed nervously. "I've been falling for you since we met..."

Ray's face leaned in closer to Emma's, the gap getting smaller and smaller until, finally, his lips locked with hers in a soft kiss. Emma was shocked but immediately kissed back, closing her eyes.

Ray pulled away, smirking at Emma playfully. "You're such a dork." He teased.

Emma giggled in response, finally smiling.

"But you love me anyways!"

Ray chuckled.

"I do."