[Our Symphony ; Prologue]

It is a crossover of The Promised Neverland and Your Lie In April! Warnings for sadness and the feels...

As well as spoilers if you haven't seen Your Lie In April.

Ray absentmindedly wandered through the hallways of the high school, headphones blasting the single Touch Off by Uverworld, one of his favorite bands. In this teen's eyes, the world around him was a monochrome hue, completely colorless. A wave of sadness shattered his heart as he remembered what his friend Gilda had told him.

"When you find a person you love, it's like your monochrome world explodes in a rainbow of colors."

A tear threatened to fall from Ray's eye, though he wiped it away before it got any further. It had been months since his mother's death, and he couldn't hear the sound of his piano playing any longer. Ever since then, his world was nothing but gray.

Ray hummed along to the song he was listening to as he continued aimlessly wandering, when, all of a sudden, he lost his balance as he bumped into someone, causing him to stumble backwards. As he looked up at the person that caught him, his eyes widened as his world exploded into a brilliant spectrum of colors. He could finally see the shimmering green shade of the girl's eyes, as well as the vibrant orange of her hair.

"I'm so sorry for bumping into you! I didn't see where I was going!" The girl quickly apologized, bowing in front of Ray.

Ray's heart fluttered as he gently grabbed the girl's hand, feeling her fingertips with his own.

"It's okay." He spoke in a quiet tone, smiling softly at the girl. "Hey, what's your name?"

The girl smiled back at him eagerly, running a hand through her shortened orange locks. "I'm Emma! Pleased to meet ya!"

Ray nodded in response. "Emma..." He mumbled under his breath. "Gonna have to remember that."

Out of nowhere, Emma grabbed one of Ray's headphones, putting it in her ear.

"Ooo! You're listening to that new single by Uverworld, right!? It's sooooo good!"

Ray chuckled softly. "Yep. My name's Ray, by the way."

Emma flashed him a happy grin. "What a nice name, Ray!" She giggled, grabbing his hands a bit roughly, causing the black-haired boy to wince slightly.

That fluttery, warm feeling overwhelmed Ray's heart as his gray eyes met Emma's emerald ones.

"Thank you."