Chapter 28-Zahra's Confession

"Kindly ask Mr. Asad to accept my assignment. Today was the last date and I didn't attend the lecture."

She said to him while putting breakfast on the table.

"Don't worry. I will ask him to accept it." He ensured while taking sips of soup.

She nodded her head and went into the kitchen, avoiding his gaze.

After having breakfast, Sahir went into the home office while Saba went into the room to do some of her freelancing projects.

Creating a new gig on Fiverr, messaging people on LinkedIn, and sending cold emails through Google; she took three hours to complete the whole work. Her mind was immersed in the project, avoiding her to think about the night.

…………………

Sahir started getting weary and his blood started boiling while convincing Mr. Asad to accept Saba's assignment.

"Last date was yesterday. She should show the responsibility toward her work."

Sir Asad was saying. 

"I know but she was telling me that there was an emergency at her home and that's why she didn't manage to come. So, it's okay. She is a responsible student."

He managed to maintain a smile. 

"If you are saying it then I will take the assignment from her." Mr. Asad said while rolling his orbs at which Sahir took a deep sigh.

"Thank you!"

He stood from the chair when stopped by Sir Asad. 

"By the way, why are you so desperate about her? You haven't done this act for other students in your career"

This question startled Sahir, and a red alarm blared in his mind.

"Because she is having some personal issues and I want to help her as she is a bright student."

He replied with a smile at which Mr. Asad hummed with expressions clearly telling he is not convinced.

Sahir gave a tight smile to him and came into his office while struggling with wrapping his mind around the situation.

"Maybe, concealing truth can be harmful for us."

Plethora of confused notions hit his being at meaningful smile of Mr. Asad.

......................

Saba was sitting in the cafe when she received the message from Sahir. 

"Mr. Asad agreed to take your assignment."

"Thank God!" Words tumbled from her lips as relief flooded in her veins.

"What happened? " Fiza asked her with curious orbs.

"Sir Asad agrees to take my assignment! Thank God, Sir Sahir succeeded in convincing him." 

Excitement and happiness etched on her face at the news but Fiza's next question faded the smile.

"Why Sir Sahir asked him? " 

"Because I had requested him" 

She replied while red alarms blaring in her mind.

"Sir Sahir gave you many favours. Our luck is not as bright as yours."

Fiza said in a nonchalant tone at which her eyes widened and heart gripped in fear.

"What if everyone will know?"

This question was echoing in her mind when Iqra and Nimra came near the table with trays in their hands.