Chapter 3

The morning came sooner then they thought it would, both of the boys having dreamless black sleep, relaxing in its own way. Tomura was the first to wake up, as usual. It was around 5 in the morning, and he reluctantly got up out of bed and went to go see if Shoto had woken up yet. If so, that would make his life much easier. Quickly walking down the cellar stairs to the basement, he opened the extra door to see Shoto with his head down, as usual, but under his bi-colored hair, his mis matched eyes were open." Are you awake?" Tomura asked just to be sure. He paitently waited for his answer, it taking a full minute to come out. "Yes, do i get to get out of these restraints today? there really starting to bother me." Shoto said, whispering the first part, but gradually getting louder as he started to use his voice for the first time in a few days. 

"If your as cooperative as you say you will be, then yes, and i wont have to put them back on if your completely obedient, understand?" Tomura spoke in a commanding voice, but no matter how commanding he made his voice and words, it didn't change how his voice sounded, so it came out more like a serial killer commanding him instead of someone who was just going to be training him. Kurogiri rarely slept when everyone else did, so conveniently he was awake. Tomura waved him over, signalling towards the chains and restraints. Soon enough black dust like particles covered Todoroki's hands and ankles, the chains dropping to the floor with a loud clang. "You can stand up kid, just try not to fall, ok?" Tomura said quickly before turning around to grab a shield and a sharply tipped metal rod. swiftly turning around, sure enough, Todoroki was standing in an attacking pose, ready to charge at Tomura as soon as he felt like it. Shigaraki lifted his shield and charged forward. Activating his ice quirk, within seconds Todoroki was lifted from the ground and up towards the high roof of the basement, a feature that was very useful during training. 

Don't use it, don't use it, don't use it. The thoughts swirling around Shoto's head while he considered using his fire quirk, which would have landed him an easy win in this fight. No I can do this with just ice, and honestly I don't even know why I'm attacking him, we agreed didn't we? But if he's going with it, then I'm not backing down. Throwing down a line of ice shuriken's straight for shiggaraki's only open point, his legs, but his opponent quickly dodged. " Do you even know why were fighting?' Tomura's shaky, out of breath voice croaked out, standing still panting, looking up at Shoto, who was standing above him on his ice platform. In all honestly he didn't know. he just started fighting. When he got out of the chair, although his legs felt very weak, he stood up and got into "defensive position", or at least that's what his dad called it. At least his good for nothing ass had taught him something. and when he saw the man with blue hair and chapped lips grabbing things that looked like weapons he assumed he was going to attack him. But why? He didn't know.    

"Its because I needed to see what you would do if you were put in the same situation i put you into somewhere else. your first instinct was to get ready for a fight or to be attacked, which means that's one less thing I have to teach you.  But your mistake was that you held back. your going to have to work to your fullest potential for the boss to want to have you as a recruit, got it? You shouldn't hold back against anyone who's attacking you or a threat of any sort. That kind of thing will get you killed. We're already hated by most of society. So just do your best so we can get our point across." Tomura said all of this slightly monotone, but with the fullest sincerity. Shoto would be a great recruit, if he wouldn't hold back. 

"Now what?" Tomura tilted his head at the question, but ultimately decided he'd have to answer, even if he didn't really know himself. " Well for now you can come with me, we'll get you a room, and introduce you to your teammates. But one at a time, because Toga gets jealous whenever she sees anyone talking to any one of her friends. And since we don't have any spare rooms, you will be staying with Midoriya. We'll get you a bed in there later today." Tomura started walking, ushering Todoroki to follow his lead. He led him up the stairs to the still empty house, taking him to the living room for the interview type thing boss ordered him to do. normally he wouldn't want to talk to anyone for this long other than his other teammates, but he respected his dad, so here he was.