Chapter 5

A few days after Izuku had become accustomed to his new found power, the muttering came back. He had been doing good at suppressing it.

When he muttered it wasn't anything he could control. The words just came out, forming sentences that he didn't know what were till after he said them. It was scary, but Izuku concluded that it was probably the back of his subconscious crawling it's way out of his mouth.

The things he would say, he may have thought of them before but he did his best to think of anything but. Things that were shunned by society, things that would deem him a full on psychopath.

He would muttered things he wanted to do. Things he wanted to happen. Things he wanted to see, to experience.

Like torturing someone till they screamed at the top of their lungs.

But he couldn't do that. So the itch remained. He remembered someone telling him that they had an itch too, and that they had found a way to make it go away. Izuku wished so badly that he could remember how. Because the itch was really annoying. It made his fingers twitch, wanting to move and do something.

But he held his hand and walked to Toga's room to try his best to distract himself. They played cards and talked about crushes, and even though Izuku didn't have any it was relieving to not have his own thoughts swarming his head.

At around midnight Izuku got up and walked back to his room, the half asleep Toga not noticing his departure.

Shoto was also asleep already, his steady breathing the only sound to be heard in the room.

Izuku sighed, thinking about going to bed just to make tomorrow come faster. But before he could lay his energized body down to a rest he didn't need, he heard what slightly sounded like a screech.

Izuku rushed down the hall, on his toes doing his best to be quiet, straining to try and hear if another muffled scream would come from a room in the building.

And it did. As another scream came out, Izuku's head turned to what looked like closet. He walked to it tentatively, looking around to see if anyone was around, but all the lights were out in every room he passed. And in the living room.

Walking up to the door, turning the knob quietly with a squeak. The door creaking open, nothing was inside besides some coats, nothing looked out of place or different from a normal closet.

"Please someone help me!"

Stunned, Izuku fell backwards, catching himself before he fell. Green eyes shot open as he stared at the blue and green coats in the closet, the door starting to close on its own, creaking. Izuku stopped it and closed the door quickly to silence the noise.

Izuku's head was spinning; it felt like he was underwater, pressure building up all around him.

Standing back up hesitantly, Izuku walked over to the closet again silently, pushing the coats aside, seeing a regular wall. Lifting his shaky arms he pushed the wall slightly, shocked but not really surprised when the wall moved forward a bit.

He pushed it forward more, peaking through. Yellow light shone through the crack, lighting up a strip of his freckled face as Izuku looked into the room, noticing stairs leading downwards.

He looked down them, seeing the light coming from the left side of the stairway. He stepped down one stair at a time, crouching. Once he was about halfway down the stairs he could see where the light was coming from.

And the screams.

Someone was hung up by their arms, hanging from a low ceiling, feet dangling just inches from the ground. Blood dripping from wounds that looked deep, even from where Izuku was looking from. And Tomura standing beside him, a smile on his face. A smile that resembled the one that Izuku had wore the day he came back.