Chapter 81: Rock Stars Lose It

This chapter is not what some of you want...but it's exactly in character with Trace. He takes care of everybody...even if it isn't a satisfying outcome...in the end..he takes care of himself..

I think "Say It Ain't So" is a very appropriate song  for Trace. I think Trace will never be whole until he makes peace with Ross, and the bridge in this song speaks to the complicated relationship of father-stepfather-son..this is a plot we will see furthered in TANTRIC ...sounds weird, but you will understand when we get there..

Trace

I have Kat over my shoulder hauling her through the mansion. The cleaning crew is already here getting started, but we won't leave for a few more hours. I have lots more time to play with my KitKat.

She giggles as I pat her bottom, and demands I put her down.

"I'm sorry, baby. I just can't do that. I need to have a serious conversation with you."

"That's exactly what I was trying to do! Trace!" she beats on my back. "Seriously! Let's go for a walk and talk!"

"We are, baby. We are walking all the way up to a little place I like to call O-town."

"O-town?" Kat laughs. "That's what we are calling sex now?"

"O-town," I confirm, taking the steps two at a time, just to show off for my baby. "But not for the reason you think. Not just for the orgasm. It's for all the sweet, slow moments on the way. All the Oh god's! Ooooooh, Trace's! And the Oh, Oh, Oooooh That Feels So Good's!" I tickle her. She squeals and squirms, kicking her legs up, and then she screams for real as I tip backwards.

Fuck no!

For a second I'm out of balance, but all my instincts to protect Kat kick in hard.

I grab the back of her legs and throw us both forward to regain our balance. I sit her down hard on the step. I see the residual terror in her eyes, and I chuckle.

"I got you, baby. I will never hurt you. I got you, always."

The terror fades, but now both our hearts our pounding and she's staring at my mouth. I drop down right on the steps of this mansion and press my body over hers, taking her mouth, taking her last little bit of fear, taking the tightness of her muscles as she relaxes into my embrace. I never want her to feel scared. Only loved.

Sweet Jesus, I am so in love with this girl. I didn't think it was possible to be this deep in somebody, but something changed, two days ago, when I pre-preposed to her. It's fucking scary and fucking incredible and fucking tense, how I keep shifting from wanting exactly what we have right now, to thinking about the life we are going to have when I get back to LA in a few months. I don't think I will want her an hour away from me, at the WitchCampus or the UCLA campus, while I'm chillin' way the fuck out in Calabasas.

Christ, I might start hanging out at Matt's place all the time. He's right the fuck there in the middle of LA in one of those old school silver screen Hollywood mansions. Ten minutes from WITCH campus and about the same from UCLA. Yeah, maybe Kat and I will just fold in there with the del Marco gang.

Or maybe I'll ask her to move in with me.

I break the kiss and look down at her, panting.

Fuck, maybe I'll just ask her right now.

She's looking up at me with her sex face—that wild, gorgeous, lusty, grown-up version of the face she always used to make when we were about to perpetrate a petty neighborhood crime. Like she was a little scared to get caught, but way more ready for the adrenaline rush of being bad.