👻cнapтer тнree👻

"I'm alone no matter where I go."

Leona sighed as she sat on a low stone wall outside the school

If she had been one of the schools "normal" students, she probably would've been smoking or mucking around with friends. Well, seeable friends.

Leona grinned as she watched Alina and Azazel challenge each other to a game. Who could stay on top of the wall longest, without the other knocking them off.

Currently, it was four to Azazel and zero to Alina.

"Stop cheating!" Alina whined as she was knocked down once again.

Azazel grinned, "You agreed to the rules," he reminded her gleefully, dodging her attempt to lunge at him.

Leona chuckled before going back to her thoughts. She was still startled after yesterday's events.

Why had Rafael even chosen to speak to her? Let alone thank her? Or even bother to remember her name?

Alina glanced at her human and looked pleased as her counterpart scowled.

Azazel grumbled knowing that the young boy from yesterday was making his human rethink some of the things she knew about life.

Suddenly, Leona's body shivered.

Leona frowned. Oddly enough, it wasn't a warning of something bad about to happen, but a warning of something good. Almost pure and innocent like.

Leona glanced at her lions, "Do you guys smell anything?"

Both lions stopped playing at once, their ears perked up as they listened for anything, their noses twitching as they smelt the air.

Azazel grimaced at the smell, "More metal," he told his human, "Only it's much purer than the other day."

Leona's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What?"

Alina's tail swished back and forth as she expanded, "The scent is much nicer, much more innocent than that of the scent on Saturday," she looked back at her human, "If that makes any sense," she chuckled.