👻cнapтer ғoυr👻

"She's been fighting her whole life to survive. She doesn't know anything else."

Leona ignored the whispers that she got the next day at school

It wasn't like it was the first time she had come to school surrounded by whispers.

"Can we kill them?"

Leona grinned at Azazel, who was looking as if he was about to snap, "Not yet," she told him quietly, "Chill."

Azazel growled under his breath as he glared at the students, not that they could see him.

Alina sighed at the pair, "You could try to be nice," she chipped in. Both of them stopped and stared at her.

"No," Leona said coldly, continuing on, "What have they ever done for me? Why should I ever try to be nice?"

The cub winced, her coat losing it's shine for a second as her counterpart walked stronger for the same second, before returning to normal as Leona's face softened, "Sorry," Leona told the cub.

"It's alright," Alina said, smiling up to the human.

Leona sighed, "Let's just get to class," she muttered, before walking off.

Azazel and Alina glanced at each other, "She's slowly choosing," the male lion told the cub.

Alina sighed, shaking out her coat, "I'd hope not."

"You want that child to help her," Azazel said, knowing that his counterpart would know it was a statement rather than a question.

"Yes," Alina said as her dark brown eyes watched their human, "If I'm going to be dispelled, then I'd rather she had someone to take care of her that isn't you."

Azazel laughed, "Alright, young one," he grinned, hitting the small lioness cub with his tail, "Whatever you say."

👻

Leona had figured out why everyone had been gossiping about her after about a minute in class, and it took her another four to figure out who had taken the video of her.