Nine

Rosalie wouldn't exactly say the event was fun, but it was interesting and the food was wonderful. Namjoon introduced her to more people than she would ever remember. She was amazed at how he could work a room. More than once, she saw his face light up just having a conversation about his passion...music. There was no trace of the shy young man she knew. Here, he was in his element and she was proud of him.

After about three hours, Rosalie noticed people were slowly starting to say their goodbyes and leave. She and Namjoon were standing off to the side when he started talking to a man she hadn't met yet. They talked for a few minutes, when Namjoon gently pulled her forward and introduced her.

"Jackson, this is my good friend, Rosalie. She is an artist. Rosalie, this is my friend, Jackson Wang. Jackson is a rapper from Got7."

Rosalie said hello and bowed.

Jackson also bowed, "It's nice to meet you, Rosalie. How do you know each other?"

"Rosalie is J-Hope's best friend, so we met through him," Namjoon told him.

Laughing, Jackson elbowed Namjoon in the side and said, "She's awful pretty, Namjoon. Are you sure you two aren't dating?"

"You know I can hear you, right?" Rosalie said, rolling her eyes, "I'm standing right here."

"No, no, no, no. We aren't dating. She is a very good friend to all of us in BTS," explained Namjoon.

Just then, Namjoon spotted someone across the room he needed to speak with. He asked Jackson if he could stay with Rosalie to keep her company for about ten minutes. He then turned to Rosalie, "I'll be right back, ok? The man over there is actually one of the reasons we've come here tonight. Don't let Jackson annoy you; he's secretly a really good guy."

She smiled at him and said, "Go ahead. I'll be fine. Go do your thing!"

With that, Namjoon confidently walked away. Eyeing Rosalie's rather high heels, Jackson suggested they sit down.

Rosalie responded, "Thanks. I would like that. So, Got7? I'm afraid I don't know that band. I haven't been in Korea long though. If I looked up a song later, which one would you say is your most popular one?"

"Most popular?" he took a moment to think, "Probably I Won't Let You Go or Lullaby. How long have you been here? I'm also not from Korea. I'm actually from China."

"I've been here...hmmm, about five months. Where in China are you from?"

Rosalie and Jackson talked about their respective homes and why they left to come to Korea. They talked about how they missed their families. They joked about the difficulties they had with the language while they were learning it. Jackson showed her pictures of his band mates and said, hopefully, someday he could introduce her to them. They were getting along very well.

Thirty minutes later, Jackson's phone rang. He answered it and spoke to the caller for a couple minutes and then handed the phone to Rosalie.

"Baby girl, I'm so sorry! This has turned into a regular meeting. I don't even know how long this is going to take. I asked Jackson to take you home, but I wanted to make sure you're comfortable with that arrangement. Is that ok with you?"

"Of course, Namjoon," she answered, "It's fine. We're getting along great, I think. I'll see you at home later."

~~~

Two hours later, Namjoon let himself in the front door of the dorm. Jin, Kookie, and Tae were in the living room watching TV.

Jin made a face and asked, "Um, did you forget someone in the limo?"