08| 1st step.

"Why did he hug you?"

"Because I allowed him, now tell me why did you come down now?" I cross questioned him.

"Ugh," he groaned raking his hair.

"Because I wanted to." He replied as he abruptly turned around and left, keeping me wondering.

"Useless fellow." I decided to return back to home too, when my phone blazed.

"Bhai,"

"Ello, bhaiyuuu," I screeched excitedly.

"Agent R, we have a news for you. And you have no right to cross question me." He uttered as if he was reciting some thing.

"Okay?"

"Your mission has been suspended. Apparently the case wasn't as important as the director made it. It was his reasons, and he involved you in it. You have three weeks more. Thats it. Search for the theif amd return back."

"But-"

"No question Ragini. Am I understood?"

"Yes sir." And the line went dead. What was dad's motive, which bhai mentioned? And why was this 'mission of emergency' now was of no importance?

It was all so confusing, until a message popped.

And I knew I was lied to.

======

It wasn't something so important, but I was kept in dark, I don't know what dad had wanted but this wasn't something simple.

I don't know how I could now face Laksh, when I knew a truth.

A truth, because who knew, he and dad had lied more things. I felt so wasted. Like, was it even real? Was this really a case? Why was I being a medium here when I knew nothing.

Telling me it was a case, and then going against an important policy of his own rules?

Laksh, I didn't know him. Enough.

I agree, these days I started feeling comfortable with him, but after what I saw and concluded. He wasn't what he showed.

The Laksh, from the first day was an act.

The Laksh, even today was an act.

Strangely, I will miss both of them, but now I have to know the real Laksh. Who is he?

I quickly walked out of the garden going to my building, when the watchman stopped me.

"Ji?"

"Madam, this is for your flat number." And he handed me a printed paper.

"Annual 50th year celebration of the building.

Venue- clubhouse.
Date- 29/06
Time- 7pm onwards.

For all residents."

I smirked, atleast one problem is going to get solved soon.

"Acha, toh sabko jaana hai?" I asked him.

"Jii, but madam sambhal ke. Humhari buildings ki party bahut mashoor hai."

"Why?"