Part 20

"How's your sleep?" I asked Bucky.

"Never been good. I haven't slept, I watched you all night" he said before taking a sip of his coffee. He seemed bothered too.

"Tell me what's wrong, Bucky. Have memories came again?" I held his hand and rubbed my thumb on it. He shook his head and tried to smile, but there's nothing to hide, I know he's not okay. "Please, tell me" I whispered. His blue orbs met my green ones. The creases on his forehead are visible as he frowned, he opened his lips but closed it immediately.

After a few minutes, he finally able to speak.

"I know last night, I wasn't their target. It was you. Do you know about them?" I gulped and shook my head.

Maybe they were the one who attacked me as well back at the grocery?

Memories last night came flashing again in my head. When the attacker told me about dad, it kept me thinking the possibilities why would my dad be involved with them, but it was not accurate. My dad was a good man and I know he would never come out with something like this.

"They spoke about my dad. He's dead, Bucky. Why would they come for me? To tell me that I'll be the one who will pay what dad took from them? I don't have any idea about the thing they were asking me. Believe me, dad never told me things" I blew a breath. For the first time in my life, I never got threatened like this.

Am I in a grave danger?

"We will figure this out, okay? You will be okay. I'm always here for you, Hayley" Bucky reassured me. But I don't wanna risk his life. After hearing his story, putting him again in a pit will surely put me in nightmares. He has already his life back after getting himself in cryofreeze, brainwashed, and killed anyone who's under his mission. Bucky already had enough of suffering and pain, I will not let him get hurt again, not because of me.

"Everything's gonna be fine, Bucky"

Until when?