Part 24

I hissed when my fingers got scalded from what I am cooking right now, and I quickly turned on the faucet to wash the burnt part. If it wasn't for Bucky, I surely just ordered us some food with whatever he chooses. But I really wanted to cook something for him, at least try a simple recipe. I bought whole chicken and I marinated it in barbecue sauce and baked it with some vegetables in it. Haven't tried this one so, I hope this doesn't taste aweful.

Bucky, well, he is sitting on the makeshift couch while writing something on a piece of paper. He glanced at me and smiled, tapping the empty space beside him, motioning that I should sit there. I put the hot chicken over the table and went beside him, asking if there's something I could do with him.

"Don't open this yet" he gave me the folded paper. "Not until it is necessary. Just when the time comes if you feel reading that, promise me you will think of me. Keep it"

I look at his eyes with a bit remorse. What does he meant? Why do I feel that he's saying goodbye? But I shrugged off the thought, he will never leave me. We promised to each other.

"I promise, Bucky. I'll keep it" pursing my lips, I took a glance on the parchment. Knowing that this will set me wondering what's in the inside, I have to keep my promise to Bucky. He smiled at me and put a gentle kiss in my forehead.

"What did you cook? Smells great"

"Oh, yeah! That's..... for dinner. Come, I'm sure you're starving" I giggled before pulling him off the couch. "I know this isn't much, but I hope you will like it" I added.

When done slicing some of its meat, I put an amount on Bucky's plate as I waited for him to say something. He closed his eyes and, literally moaned. I sighed when he smiled and looked at me.

"What else do I have to say? You are always good at everything" he took another bitefull of the chicken.

"Wow, that's great...... How about this...." I opened the bottle of wine and poured a small amount on his glass. "This is my favorite wine, Rebecca used to serve this one for me and I thought you may be liking it as well"

This picture of us, serving Bucky is what I imagine for the rest of my life. Being satisfied and the smile on his face are already enough.