Part 21

"Smile!" I told him as I was trying to take a picture of him sitting at his usual seat around the table. "Come on, Bucky. Just one picture, please?"

The rain outside just made my mood lighter than normal, and I happen to see Bucky who was frowning like an old man. So, I tried to lift his mood as well.

"Hayley" he said pushing my phone away from him. What's wrong with him?

"Please? Just one picture. And I need you to smile, okay? Smile!" he looked at me and frowned. I heaved a breath as I went beside him sitting on the empty chair. "I just want to take a picture of you so that I'll be able to see you everyday. Because I take pictures of what I...." he cut me off.

"You don't have to take photos of me for you to remember me everyday. I am always here"

"But this is different, Buck. I promise, I will never ask you again after this" I swore to him. His eyes softened as he nodded. My heart jumps in happiness as I took a perfect angle of him having a cup of coffee in his hands, yet he's not looking. The nerve of this man!

Even if I call his name, he just look at me for a sec and turned his head away again. I bit my lip and tried myself not to scream in embarrassment when I blurted out these words:

"I love you, Bucky" it came out slow and just a whisper. He turned his head to me, surprised. I took the chance to take a photo of him and I nearly slipped my phone when he smiled. A genuine smile.

"Inca te iubesc, draga mea" he said. I didn't understand that but it made me blush. I swear I should've listened to Rebecca before, when she still interested in teaching me their language.

Bucky took my phone and looked at his photo, he frowned and swiped it to see the next picture. It was my face who is smiling.

"I want a photo of us" he muttered without even looking at me.

"Are..... are you sure?" I giggled and he nodded. At first, I hesitated but after a moment, I finally took my phone from his hand and I moved closer to him. "Okay, so, say Bucky" I said as I took a couple of pictures of us.

What gotten into my head next was yet embarrassing again. I kissed his cheek and continued snapping the camera. He froze at the moment and looked at me, I was taken aback and held my phone lower on the table. Have I gone too far?

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that" I bit my lip. I turned to look at my phone when he grabbed both of the sides of my face and clasped his lips to mine. Whatever was happening around us, it felt everything became slow.  He let go and took a deep breath.

What did he just do?

*****

a/n

Inca te iubesc, draga mea means I love you too, my darling