Moonlight Shenanigans

Sal Fisher readjusted his prosthetic mask and brushed off the orange and white cat hair that was stuck to his custom printed hoodie of Sanity's Fall that was about a size too big for him. The sleeves hung down and the bottom of the hoodie reached his knees. With being so short, Sal usually wore clothing that was small or extra-small depending on the type, but Larry accidentally bought him a size medium, thinking he was slightly bigger than he thought he was.

He contemplated whether or not to tie a knot at the back of the hoodie, as it would wrap around his torso and hips to make himself not seem like a total trashfire, but he shrugged and hugged the hoodie closer. It was such a small, inane gift and yet, it made his cheeks burn beneath his mask and his heart skip a beat.

Sal was standing in front of the full body mirror of his bedroom closet, taking his time fixing every imperfection he found. His long, blue hair was tied into the usual pigtails, but they were just a little bit messier with little strands of hair sticking out or hanging down out of the hair-tie despite his best efforts. The messiness would add the aesthetic flare of being a rebellious teen, which he took pride in. The lava lamp on his bedside table was the only thing that provided light in his usually pitch black room, but as long as it allowed him to see, Sal, nicknamed Sally Face, was happy nonetheless.

He tried to go with the thrasher look since this was his first ever concert, especially one that was heavy metal. Adults and teens alike would be in a crowded venue while their favorite heavy metal band sung their lungs out and played their instruments beneath colored fluorescent floodlights until they couldn't feel their fingers. Larry would be having the time of his life, and Sally couldn't wait to see his face light up while watching his favorite band.

Larry was so dedicated that he bought himself a fake drivers license using some spare cash he found lying around solely for the ability to get into the venue without an adult, and to drink alcohol, much to Sal's dismay. But Larry knew his friend had addiction in his family, so he promised to moderate himself when he was around Sal, which Sal greatly appreciated. But in hindsight, he was both nervous and excited all at the same time. His stomach did flips and his heart kept beating erratically, so he couldn't tell what emotion he was feeling.

Sal could imagine it now, head-banging in a mosh pit with his best friend Larry Johnson with strangers beside him, not having a care in the world. The hoodie was gifted to him by Larry about a week ago when he announced they were going to the concert, but their tickets were going to be distributed by an outside seller. Sal found it a little sketchy to be buying tickets from a stranger the night of the concert, but he knew his friend would know better than to trust a scam artist, so he didn't think anything of it.

Slowly shutting the closet door, he hoped it wouldn't make any noise when it clicked. "Success." Sal whispered to himself, happy to know the universe was on his side. He had to be as quiet as possible since it was the middle of the night on a Saturday, but instead of sleeping like his father intended, Sal and his friend Larry Johnson were going to sneak out and go to the concert Sanity's Fall was hosting. Sal knew how much trouble he might be in, but he took the chance anyway.

He's always listened to his dad and never disobeyed that often, but sneaking out was definitely something he wouldn't have done before meeting Larry. A tiny part of Sal thought Larry was a good/bad influence on the young teen, but half the time they were hunting the paranormal, so if anything, Larry and his friends were the only good things he's got in this crazy life of his.

After prepping his outfit, he took one last look at himself in the mirror on the wall, pretending to be in third person to see his appearance for one last time before heading out. In retrospect, it seemed a little excessive to wear extra piercings, so he took them out and placed them back onto the dresser, now only wearing two black ones on his right ear. He was wearing his usual red pants with the slits at the knees and blue shoes since Larry told him to dress comfortably, so he was glad he didn't go all out when it came to fashion.