One Man's Trash

Larry took another swig of his beer and let out a sigh of pleasure, his mind beginning to fog. How he managed to fool the cashiers into thinking he was an adult was beyond him, but due to his size and with the help of his fake drivers license, he and Sal managed to slip into the venue without rousing any suspicion. They bought a few snacks and drinks, then found their designated seating area and chatted with one another while waiting for Sanity's Fall to come on stage.

Huge speakers mounted near the stage were playing prerecorded instrumental versions of their music before the concert starts so the people inside could have something to listen to while waiting in case they got bored, but in reality it made it harder for people to have a conversation with how loud everything was.

The seating level was somewhere in the 200's, so they could see the stage with ease despite being on the second floor. The chairs were made of a soft, red fabric that were fairly comfortable, but once the concert was over both Larry and Sal agreed that their backs would be a little sore from sitting for so long.

Sal was beside Larry with his back straight and his legs crossed, and took another sip of his non-alcoholic drink. Despite telling his friend that Sal had more than enough money to pay for his own snacks and refreshments, Larry figured he could buy everything and have the blue haired male pay him back another time. It wasn't like Sal minded, but something in the back of his mind told him that Larry needed to spend his money responsibly, which quite frankly, he never had the common sense of doing.

"How's your drink, dude?" The brown haired teen inquired before throwing his head back and taking another large gulp of beer. Sal looked down at the case beneath Larry's seat with five beers left, the sixth being in Larry's hand, and frowned beneath his mask. Larry's long brown haired glistened in the ceiling lights due to grease and disregard for general hygiene, but Sal couldn't help but stare. In a way, Larry had a certain aura about him.

To put it more simply, Larry was an all out friendly and charismatic guy to hang around with. He was cool with just about everybody, except for Travis, of course. The ghosts and the Red-Eyed Demon were another story however. Without really meaning to, Larry liked to avoid them whenever possible, except for Megan, but even then he still tried to keep his distance. Sal had become lost in thought and blinked to remember the question.

"It's... good." He ordered something plain, a chocolate flavored root beer float in a colorful light-up beer mug, complete with a throw-away spoon and straw. The logo of Sanity's Fall was printed near the top, so when the cup lit up, the logo would flash neon green, blue, purple, etc. in sort of a neat kind of way that Sal couldn't really put his finger on. He used the straw to stir the ice cream since it was starting to melt, then lifted his mask up only slightly to take a big sip of the cold drink.

The venue was hotter than they thought it would be with everyone sitting so close to one another, or maybe people were getting used to the sudden temperature change from being out in the freezing cold to being in a hot building.

Regardless, Sal tried to cool off while drinking the root beer float, but he didn't want to waste it so he drank it only moderately despite the mug being about the size of his lava lamp. A party size bag of unopened chips was at his side, barbecue flavored. Larry and Sal figured they could share the bag equally, that way they could save money and finish the bag by the time the concert was over.

"When do you think this... uh... When do you think this show is starting?" Larry slurred, finishing off the beer bottle and smacking his lips together. Sal crinkled his nose behind his mask at the distinguishable smell of the one thing he hated most, alcohol.

His dad used to drink it a lot when Sal was little, sometimes blacking out when he drank enough of it. "Dude, you only had one beer and you're already getting drunk?" Sal sighed, his voice cracking a bit due to how loudly he needed to yell. The prosthetic mask wasn't helping either when it came to blocking out his voice.