Chapter Four

A few hours go by, and I decide to head back to school. I'm usually a good kid, but I can't stand those bitches, and Vicki just happened to be the first one there. I grabbed my bag, and began to head out when I noticed a cop car outside of the arcade. I hid behind the register for a minute while I watched my dad step out and enter the arcade.
"Dad? What're you doing here?" I asked hoping he wasn't here about the situation at school.
He gave me the disappointed dad face and crossed his arms,"I don't know,(Y/N), why don't you tell me why you aren't at school? Maybe there's something in there about punching a girl in the nose that you would like to tell me too?"
I frowned and looked to the floor,"I'm sorry. Vicki was saying things about me and I just couldn't hold back my anger. She started talking about me and this guy, Bi-"
"Billy Hargrove? Yeah, I heard it all on the phone with your principal. Said that he's her boyfriend and you were flirting with him. I know that that's not even remotely true because his family just moved here and you aren't the type to walk up and flirt with a random stranger. They also called Billy into the office and he said 'I'm not dating Vicki, I'm dating (Y/N), but Vicki wanted to date me.' Anything you wanna explain there, sweetheart?"he asked, disappointment still plastered across his face.
I sighed,"Billy asked me out, yes, but we never made anything official. We aren't dating, we're going on a date. I'm sorry I kept this all from you, but I just didn't want you to be upset with me."
He came behind the counter and gave me a hug,"(Y/N), I may be a little disappointed, but its normal for you to be like this. Your mother wasn't a goody goody in school either. She was suspended and had detention almost all through her educational career. You punched one girl, I'm just glad all you got was a detention afterschool tomorrow. They put Vicki in detention for afterschool today since they didn't wanna put you two together. I love ya still, okay? Just try to keep your anger in check."
I smiled,"I will. Also, that date with Billy is right after school, so I should probably head to the parking lot. Wanna give me a ride?"
He sighed obnoxiously,"Well of course I do! It's your first date! Why wouldn't I wanna drive you to your first date?"
I laughed and got in the car. He dropped me off at the school, and I waited for the bell to ring. Once it did, I went straight for Billy's Camaro.
Right as I turned around, I saw Billy smiling. I assumed it was for me, so I smiled back and waved.
"Guess you can kick some ass and go on a date on the same day,huh?" he joked.
I giggled,"Please, that bitch is nothing. You should see me on a bad day."
He grabbed me by the waist and brought his face closer to my ear and whispered,"I like a strong woman, but I let them know who's boss, okay?"
I bit my lip and whispered back,"Whatever you say, master."
With that, he slapped my ass, and let go of me. We still had to wait for the person Billy is supposed to bring to the arcade, so we just made small talk. Right as he was about to come in for a kiss, I heard a vaguely familiar voice call my name.
"(Y/N)? (Y/N) from the arcade?" the voice said and I turned around.
"Max!" I said joyously,"Are you who Billy's taking to the arcade?"
Billy buds in,"Wait, you know her?"
I smiled,"Yeah, I gave her quarters yesterday at the arcade. I didn't know you guys knew each other." I tried to play dumb so I could figure out how they were related.
Billy looked upset as he said,"Yeah, my dad and her mom got married and moved to this shit hole. Get your asses in the car, I dont have anymore time to waste."
Obediently, Max and I get in the car, and Billy speeds off out of the parking lot. Max and I talk about how she's doing making friends in Hawkins and I told her if she ever wanted someone to hangout with that I was always available.
Billy jumped in and said,"(Y/N), you really don't have to do that. She can make friends, and she wouldn't wanna bother you now, would you Max?"
Max flipped him the bird and thanked me. The rest of the ride to the arcade was silent. No words, no music, no nothing. Just the outside.
Once we got to the arcade, I let Max out of the back seat and got back in the car with Billy.He drove off a little and then parked the car in an alleyway.
I looked at him,"Billy, what're we d-"
I was cut off with a passionate kiss. I put my hand to his cheek and we pulled away.
He looked me deep in the eyes and said," I am so sorry for her. She will never bother you again."
I smiled,"Billy, you don't have to worry about her with me, I think she's sweet."
He sat back in his chair and rubbed his hands over his face,"I get you feel that way, but I don't. I dislike Max very much and the marriage just really hit me hard. I miss my mom back in California, my friends, my life! Nothing here in Hawkins feels right except for you. For some reason or another, the moment I laid eyes on you, I just felt something. Something comfortable, indescribably different, almost like a dream. Max has been a pain in my ass for a while now, and she's the reason we're in this Hell right now. The only good thing that came out of it was you."
I blushed really hard, but couldn't help feeling upset. He'd been through so much, and he just feels like he lost it all. I know what its like to not have a mom, so I can emphasize with that. I held his face in my hands and said,"I promise you that things will ease out. I'm so sorry you're going through what you're going through."
We kissed passionately one last time, and he looked at me. He gave me a smile and said,"Well, wanna go get that soda now?"
I giggled and nodded my head. We drove off and went to just a simple store and got the best soda in Hawkins. My dad used to take my mom and me there every Friday night when she was alive. We sat in his car with our sodas and talked. We got to know each other a lot. Once it started getting dark, Billy drove me home. That night was definitely a night to remember. I walked in, waved at my dad, and headed upstairs to get changed.

(Pajamas)I did my usual night time routine, and went straight to sleep

(Pajamas)
I did my usual night time routine, and went straight to sleep. I was exhausted from that day. It was an emotional rollercoaster, and I just feel like I did a lot. I just need to rest up for tomorrow.