✑ here and hear

HERE AND HEARIN THIS CHAPTER ✧ when to use "here", when to use "hear", and the difference between the two

HERE AND HEAR
IN THIS CHAPTER ✧ when to use "here", when to use "hear", and the difference between the two.

───────────────────────

Three grammar lessons in one day, I'm really popping these out and it's only 2 AM. Let's dive straight into this lesson! Confusing here and hear while writing is something I have only seen maybe once on Wattpad? Most people know the difference but I'm assuming the person who didn't was unaware of it. It's alright, Shawn and I are erring on the side of safety and we'll explain this little hiccup for you guys.

HERE: A place. A location.

E.g. "Shawn. Come here right now." In this sentence, the use of here shows that we are telling Shawn to come to a specific place.

HEAR: One of the five senses.

E.g. "Eek! Did you hear Shawn and Camila's newest collab? It's so sexy!" In this sentence, the use of hear shows that we are talking about something we heard with our ears. This is one of the five senses alongside sight, touch, taste, and smell.

I don't bite, feel free to send a PM if you're confused or just comment on this chapter and I'll answer right away. The last tip I'll give you on this matter — associate these words with mental images. Every time you see the word "hear", picture an ear. Every time you see the word "here", picture a location like a house or a church.

───────────────────────

PUBLISHED ✧ June 29, 2019.