✑ two, to, and too

TWO, TO, AND TOOIN THIS CHAPTER ✧ when to use "two", when to use "to", when to use "too", and the difference between the three

TWO, TO, AND TOO
IN THIS CHAPTER ✧ when to use "two", when to use "to", when to use "too", and the difference between the three.
SUGGESTED BYrain-fvcker

───────────────────────

Now mistaking all three of these is something I have seen so much on Wattpad over the years and I didn't think about including it until rain-fvcker commented on the last chapter because I feel like everyone in the Wattpad community just collectively lets it slide? Or maybe we just collectively don't know the proper usage of "to" versus "too"? Either way, Shawn and I are going to fix this! We don't want you guys to get worried.

          ✧ TWO: This is the number 2. When
you're writing a story, you spell out
numbers as they're said instead of writing
them.

E.g. "It takes two people to sing Señorita." In this sentence, the use of two shows that the speaker is talking about there being two ( 2 ) people needed to sing Shawn and Camila's song, Señorita. It is the exact same thing as writing, "It takes 2 people to sing Señorita." The only difference here is that ( 2 ) is written out like it's supposed to be! It looks more professional and is needed for proper writing.

          ✧ TO: (Preposition) Expressing motion
in the direction of (a particular location).

&

TO: (Preposition) Approaching or
reaching (a particular condition).

E.g. "I can't wait to see Shawn today." In this sentence, the prepositional use of to shows that we are indicating what we cannot wait for. Simply put, it is a preparatory phrase put before an action (in this case, 'see' as in the action of seeing Shawn) to connect the sentence.

More examples include:
➢ "What are we going to do?"
➢ "And my heart started to race, and my hands started to shake, yeah." (This sentence from Nervous shows us this: Shawn's heart started something. What did it start? 'To' connects the phrase with the complete thought. 'To race' shows his heart started to race. 'To shake' shows his hands started to shake.)

Now those are just the preparatory uses of to. There are also the infinitive and adverb uses but that gets a little too confusing when I can't explain it to you guys verbally. If you guys have any questions about "to" please feel free to comment.

TOO: (Adverb) Meaning something is
          being done to a higher degree than is
          desirable, permissible, or possible; it is
          excessive.

OR . . .

          ✧ TOO: In addition; also. Showing
          agreeance to something.

E.g. "Shawn is too cute for his own good." In this sentence, the use of too shows that Shawn is excessively cute in alliance with the adverb meaning of the word.

E.g. "I want to go to see Shawn too." In this sentence, the use of too shows that the speaker additionally wants to go see Shawn. They are agreeing, they are adding their own wants into the conversation.

More examples include:
➢ "I heard you asked about me through a friend, my adrenaline kicked in, 'cause I've been askin' 'bout you too."
➢ "Talk a little too much around you."

If you find anything confusing or unclear, please leave a comment that I can respond to! This was actually difficult for me to describe because I've never had to do this before but I'm glad it was brought to my attention. If you have any more suggestions, leave it here or go to the Q&A section and fill out a form.

───────────────────────

PUBLISHED ✧ June 29, 2019.