Chapter 12

The SandWing was named Python. She apparently knew Blizzard, and they were close. "It wasn't your fault." Python said, comforting Lupus. "It was by his own hand."

Lupus nodded, and wiped his eyes. After Python had let the trio in, she had taken them to the dining room, where she gave them lemon tea and sat them down to talk. Python was really kind, in Lupus's eyes, and he knew they would be good friends.

After a while of socializing, Python sent the rest of the group upstairs. Lupus sat at the table and waited. Python got done sending everyone to their rooms, and came back down the stairs. "So, did you get a key in the letter Thorn sent you?," She asked, twirling a large ring of keys in one talon.

Lupus nodded, pulling out the envelope and opening it. He produced a silver key and handed it to her. Python took the key and inspected it, after a while, she spoke to Lupus. "This key surprisingly matches none of my keys I have. What do you think it goes to?"
Lulus shrugged. "Maybe its a master key?" He asked, holding out a talon and requesting the key to be returned.

Python handed back the key. "If it's a master key, that would be nice. Too many keys and too many locks in this house! But hey, it's ok." She said, smiling sheepishly. Lupus returned the smile and walked over to the nearest door and attempted to unlock it. Python walked up behind him. "That's the pantry door. No keys I have will open it. Don't know what's in there, but whatever it is, it's important." Lupus nodded and slid the key in, and of course it fit. He turned it and heard a faint click. The pantry door was open.

As the door opened, Python let out a gasp. "What is all this?" She exclaimed. Lupus looked in the pantry. It was a small room, big enough to walk in but too small to stay in. Various bottles of alcohol and spices cluttered the shelves on one side, with other miscellaneous bags and boxes of stuff on the other side. Lupus walked in the pantry. It was surprisingly hot, but when he ran a talon across the bottles he felt something peculiar.

The bottles were ice cold.

What's up with that? Lupus mused, pulling his talon back. Python poked her head in and looked around. "What's all this?" She asked again, confused. "I think this was my dads liquor closet." Lupus said, turning and walking out of the pantry. "He used to drink a lot. My entire family except me and my sister drank. If I spent more time with my parents, I probably would end up in the same boat they were in.

Python nodded and sighed. Her mind was rather interesting, as Lupus noticed. Growing up in the scorpion den, she had gone thru a lot of hardship, but still gave it her all to care for others. Interesting. Reminds me of someone... Lupus mused, trying to put a talon on the thought.

Python broke his train of thought my going into the closet with him. "Maybe some of this you could cook with..." She said aloud, running a talon over the bottles. A lot of it was whiskey with some wine bottles here and there. Then Lupus saw the bourbon, well, a bottle labeled bourbon. "My dad cooked with this sometimes." Lupus said, picking up the bottle and handing it to Python. She took it with gentle talons, cradling it. "I'll try cooking something tomorrow." She said, smiling.

Lupus and Python left the closet, making sure to keep the door locked. There could be a problem if Star got in there. Python walked into the foyer, and Lupus followed her. The house was really nice, and he could tell that his dad had pulled some strings with the IceWings, who then pulled strings with the SandWings. Knowing his father, Blizzard probably had a secret stash of treasure somewhere that he bribed someone with.

Python set off up the stairs, and with shaking talons, Lupus continued following her. Paintings of snow capped mountains and glaciers cluttered the walls in the foyer, and Lupus couldn't help staring at them.