Chapter 19

Lupus

Lupus ran down a dark hallway.

His heart raced, and he looked over his shoulder. Something was chasing him, and he didn't know what it was, but whatever it was, it wanted his blood.

He reached the end of the hall and noticed a door on his right, and he quickly opened it and ran inside. He ran to a storage closet and shut the door. He took a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself, but he was too afraid.

The knob turned, and the closet door opened. Someone grabbed him by the throat and dragged him out of the closet, pinning Lupus up against the wall.

Lupus opened his eyes, and he recognized the figure. It was someone he knew well. Someone he lived with.

It was him.

The clone of him smiled, running a talon over Lupus's mouth. "Shhh......It's okay. You're mine now." Darkstalker said, and he crushed Lupus's windpipe, and the world faded into darkness.

Lupus woke with a start. He scanned around the room he was in with wary eyes. He took a couple of deep breaths to calm himself, and his heart finally lowered to a calm beat. "You okay?" Star asked, and Lupus jumped some. She was standing by his bed, and Lupus guessed she had been there for a while.

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." Lupus replied, sighing some. "How long have you been there?"

"Well, since you started screaming." Star said calmly. "More nightmares?"

Lupus nodded and shivered some. These nightmares seemed to get more and more accurate as time drew on. He went to sit up, and Star offered a talon to help. He smiled some and took her talon, sitting up in bed.

"Anything I can do?" She asked with a willing tone.

Lupus held her talon tightly, still having not let go. "You are doing plenty, being here for me." He said, and Star pulled him into a tight hug.

He hugged her back and she sat down next to him. "I really don't think you want to talk about it, but if you don't mind me asking, what did you see in your dream?"

Lupus rubbed his head and winced some. "Well, I was running down a hallway, and next thing I know I'm going in to a room, but the room is actually the ballroom in the mansion, and next thing you know, someone grabs me and pins me up against the wall."

Star gasped some. "What happened next??" She asked, listening intently.

"Well, he put a talon to my lips and said, Shh, it's okay, you're mine now."

Star looked puzzled for a second, and her brow furrowed in thought. "Did you recognize his voice?" She asked, and Lupus could tell from her mind she was trying to cross reference it with her visions.

"You won't like this, but I recognized the voice." Lupus said, looking down. He really didn't want to tell her.

"Who was it?" She asked again, pressing the matter. She was persistent, and Lupus knew if he didn't tell her now, she'd get an answer later.

"Well, it was- It was Darkstalker. I've heard his voice in my head, back at Jade Mountain, and also from my past visions."