Allosaurus

Allosaurus is a genus of a carnivorous theropod dinosaur that lived 155 to 150 million years ago during the late Jurassic period. The name "Allosaurus" means "different lizard" alluding to its unique concave vertebrae. It is derived from the Greek ἄλλος/allos and σαῦρος/sauros.

Lived: 163.5 million years ago - 89.3 million years ago (Late Jurassic and Turonian)

Eats: Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus and small Dinosaurs to

Allosaurus SizeAllosaurus fragilis, the best-known species, had an average length of 8

Allosaurus Size
Allosaurus fragilis, the best-known species, had an average length of 8.5 m (28 ft), with the largest definitive Allosaurus specimen (AMNH 680) estimated at 9.7 meters (32 feet) long, and an estimated weight of 2.3 metric tons (2.5 short tons)

Habitats
Their habitat was relatively arid, with alternating wet and dry seasons .During its time, Allosaurus was the top predator in its ecosystem, preying on large herbivorous dinosaurs and possibly even smaller predators. Like many theropod dinosaurs, Allosaurus had a large skull, sharp teeth, and small forelimbs

 Like many theropod dinosaurs, Allosaurus had a large skull, sharp teeth, and small forelimbs

Bite force
A weak bite. Allosaurus had relatively weak jaw muscles. It had a bite force of only 200 kilograms, which is the same as a leopard's. It also had fragile teeth.

Species
There are currently three species of Allosaurus known: A. fragilis, A. europaeus and A. lucasi. Allosaurus was certainly not the only apex predator in the Jurassic, as it would have to compete against bigger predators, such as Saurophaganax and not the bigger but the main rivals Ceratosaurus and Torvosaurus.

Fun Facts About Allosaurus
Did you know that allosaurus is related to Giganotosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex