Ankylosaurus

Ankylosaurus is a genus of armored dinosaur. Its fossils have been found in geological formations dating to the very end of the Cretaceous Period, about 68–66 million years ago, in western North America, making it among the last of the non-avian dinosaurs.

Weight and Height
Height: 5.6 ft. (Adult)and to have weighed between 4.8 and 8 tonnes (4.7 and 7.9 long tons). And between 6 and 8 metres (20 and 26 ft) long 

HabitatThe regions where Ankylosaurus and other Late Cretaceous ankylosaurs have been found had a warm subtropical/temperate climate, which was monsoonal, had occasional rainfall, tropical storms, and forest fires

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Habitat
The regions where Ankylosaurus and other Late Cretaceous ankylosaurs have been found had a warm subtropical/temperate climate, which was monsoonal, had occasional rainfall, tropical storms, and forest fires.

DIET
Diet: Herbivore (plant-eater) - Ankylosaurus had to eat a huge amount of low-lying plant material to sustain itself so its gut must have been very large. It probably had a fermentation compartment to aid in the digestion of the tough plant material, producing prodigious amounts of gas!

 It probably had a fermentation compartment to aid in the digestion of the tough plant material, producing prodigious amounts of gas!

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Predators
Aside from armored plates, Ankylosaurus was also covered with two rows of spikes arranged along the body. Purpose of both bony plates and spikes was to provide protection against predators. Natural enemies of Ankylosaurus were carnivorous dinosaurs such as Tyrannosaurus, Tarbosaurus and Deinonychus.

Went extinct
Extinct in: Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event

Fossils: AMNH 5214, AMNH 5895, NMC 8880, CCM V03, USNM 8360

Fun Facts
Did you know: It was covered in armor plates, or osteoderms, with bony half-rings covering the neck, and had a large club on the end of its tail.

North American Dinosaursजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें