Ceratosaurus

Size
Ceratosaurus followed the body plan typical for large theropod dinosaurs. A biped, it moved on powerful hind legs, while its arms were reduced in size. Specimen USNM 4735, the first discovered skeleton and holotype of Ceratosaurus nasicornis, was an individual 5.3 m (17 ft) or 5.69 m (18.7 ft) in length according to separate sources.

History of discoveryThe first specimen, the holotype USNM 4735, was discovered and excavated by farmer Marshall Parker Felch in 1883 and 1884

The first specimen, the holotype USNM 4735, was discovered and excavated by farmer Marshall Parker Felch in 1883 and 1884. Found in articulation, with the bones still connected to each other, it was nearly complete, including the skull. Significant missing parts include an unknown number of vertebrae; all but the last ribs of the trunk; the humeri (upper arm bones); the distal finger bones of both hands; most of the right fore limb; most of the left hind limb; and most of the feet. 77 The specimen was found encased in hard sandstone; the skull and spine had been heavily distorted during fossilization.[2]:2,114 The site of discovery, located in the Garden Park area north of Cañon City, Colorado, and known as the Felch Quarry 1, is regarded as one of the richest fossil sites of the Morrison Formation.

Habitat Ceratosaurus was a carnivore

Habitat
Ceratosaurus was a carnivore. It lived in the Jurassic period and inhabited Africa, Europe and North America. Its fossils have been found in places such as Utah, Colorado and Lindi (Tanzania).

Time period
161.2 million years ago - 145 million years ago
Oxfordian - Tithonian

2 million years ago - 145 million years agoOxfordian - Tithonian

Movies reference
It was reference in the 2001 Jurassic park 3 . as A Ceratosaurus encountered Dr. Alan Grant and the Kirby family on a riverbank when they were digging through Spinosaurus dung. At first, the humans thought it would attack them, but instead it went away, having been deterred by the Spinosaurus dung that was on them.