Chapter 1

So school was going to start tomorrow. I looked back at my summer vacation and realized that it wasn't even worth calling it a vacation. I think it was about 3 weeks before school let out that my English teacher was passing out summer school applications. I, as an idiot, grabbed one because all my other friends did. I mean what could like be so terrible about it. Five weeks in school for 3 hours with some of the realest friends I had had in such a long time. It was perfect. Yeah it was all good, however I wasn't expecting "she" to be there. That's right. "She". She who will not be named. But so dearly talked about.

When summer school began I wasn't really planning on going. I was still the lazy-ass that I'm today. On the first day I didn't go, but that same night my mom got a phone call from the school. It said that it was "mandatory" that I went since I had in fact filled out the paperwork or whatever. My mom was mad because I had told her that I really didn't have to attend. And that part was true. I had gotten 3.8 GPA. Cool right. Well good grades or not my mom still sent me.

The next morning my mom woke me up at like 7:30. It was terrible and just when I began to enjoy my lazy summer. So I got dressed and like readied up for school. Wait it was "summer school". I decided to dress like a flat-out douche. My mom drove me even though school was just a mere 3 blocks away. I still liked getting driven to school. Made me feel safe and stuff.

Ok then. We arrived. I kissed my mommy goodbye. I don't know why I still did that. I guess I'm just the weird one. I got off the mini-van and walked to the front of the school doors. On my way there I saw a familiar person. It was Jacob. His long curly blonde hair was a dead give-away. I honestly wasn't expecting him to be here. He was always like the friend that you just for some reason admired. He was the coolest person I had met when school was still in full session.

"Hey Alex." He said. I greeted him too. We both walked towards the entrance. There was no security now. So we just dashed by.

When we walked inside the first person I saw was none other than Jonnyshorty. That was his username on PSN. It was really just Jonny, but it sort of stuck. Jonny was short and chubby. I can't say fat because he wasn't fat. He was just one of those persons that looks cool fat. Like if he wasn't fat he would look so freaking weird. He always had the same buzz-cut hairstyle. I guess that was just Jonny.

"Alex! Where were you yesterday?" Jonny Always had this bright way of saying stuff. Like it was always in a happy tone.

"I didn't feel like coming man." I always try my best to sound calm and cool.

We were a weird group. There was the weird white kid with the long hair. The short and chubby Mexican and the Mexican that didn't look Mexican. That last one was me.

We walked over to the lunch-room. They were passing out breakfast. If you want to call it breakfast. I never touched the stuff, well maybe once or twice. Jonny always ate breakfast there.

Oh yeah. At the time I had gotten this really huge haircut. I mean huge. I had kept my hair long all through the school year. Four weeks before school ended I got haircut for no real reason. I wonder why I did. My hair was so long and majestic. Well, if I say so myself. So yeah. I had short hair. And oh yeah. Glasses. Those cool glasses that turn black in the sun. My friends always teased me on how it made me look more Asian and whatever.

We were told by this supervisor that it was time for class to begin. I was nervous. What if I got the mean teacher? The three of us. Jonny, Jacob and Alex. It is weird how both of my other friend's name start with J and then my name comes out like "Screw your trend bruh." I was always the person that ruined everything.

So anyways, there we were laying back on a wall. I, still nervous, noticed somebody else whom I really did not want to see.

My ex. Yeah. I know. Big deal right. I mean it's not like she was your childhood crush since 2nd grade or anything. It's not like she was the one person who finally made you feel love for the first time or whatever. Ugh. What am I saying? I was only 13. I couldn't possibly know what love was already. I think just to play it safe I'll say "the girl who I really REALLY liked."