✰Three: Your Virginity is Showing

Luke

      "Lucky for you Luke, you're just in time for the next dance competition. We've just started discussing solos and duets. I have a tango pas de deux piece, and I think it'll be interesting to see how you do." My dance instructor Miss Chapman announced. Everyone else one the team looked at me, excited expressions on their faces. I stood up, and I smiled.

      "I'll try my best." I said. She smiled, and she gave me a nod. It's my third day of ballet here, and I'm loving it. Miss Chapman is really nice, and so are all of the girls on my team. Some of my team members back in Australia were real bitchy. I was glad I came in time for the start of a preparation period for competition. 

       "Fantastic. I think you will go great with Mei." She said, gesturing to a girl. I turned around, watching a girl with short black hair stand up. She glanced at me, and gave me a small smile. "Mei is one phenomenal dancer. I think you two will get along just fine." She added. We talked about the group performance for a bit, before we started working on the solos and duets. My duet was up first, so Mei and I walked to to front of the room.

     "I hope you two get comfortable with each other, because you're going to be very close in this dance." Miss Chapman said, pushing Mei and I closer together. The studio door opened, and a guy walked into the room. All of the girls cheered and stood up to go greet him, but I didn't know who he was. He was tan, he had dark curly hair, and muscles. In other words, he was hot. "Luke, this is an assistant choreographer, and a good friend of mine, Emilio." She explained.

      Once Emilio greeted the crowd of girls, he walked over to me, and he stuck his hand out. I shook his hand, and he grinned at me.

        "Are you the new student?" Emilio asked me. I nodded my head, unable to speak. "I'm very excited to be working with you. This dance will be fun." He said, placing his hand on my lower back as he walked past me. I almost died at the touch, but I decided I needed to focus. Miss Chapman started the music, and we all sat down to watch. Emilio and Miss Chapman began to dance, and I was already nervous.

      They were so close. Literally. The dance was fiery and had energy, yet it was still elegant and poise because it's ballet. They made the dance look great, but I was dreading the way I had to be in the dance. Emilio looked strong and masculine, but I'm nothing like that. Because I'm the male dancer, I have to take on that role. Also the dance was very intimate, and I knew it was going to be awkward considered I didn't even know Mei

       When the duet was finished, we all clapped. Mei and I had to stand up, and start working on it. Miss Chapman went into the other studio room with the rest of the girls, to work on the group dance. That left Mei and I with Emilio, and I didn't know whether to be nervous or excited to end up with the hot choreographer.

        Mei and I began to go through some of the first moves of the dance, and everything was okay. We were getting the moves right, and we didn't fall on our faces or step on each other.

      "Stop." Emilio called, as he paused the music. We stopped, and we let go of each other. "You two looked like you're being forced to dance with each other. Even though you are." He said with a smile. "This dance is about passion, love," He paused, and he looked around even though we were the only ones in the room. "Don't tell your parents—intimacy." He explained.

     "No offense," Mei began, glancing at me. "But we literally just met, so it's weird to act intimate." She pointed out. I nodded in agreement. "And we haven't even gotten through the whole thing, shouldn't we add tone and character to it later?" She asked.

     "Practice like you perform!" Emilio said dramatically. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that. "If you don't practice with passion, you don't perform with passion. This is not something you can turn on and off, you must feel it." He said sassily. "Again."