✰Eight: I'm Just Glad We're Friends

AHHH BLUSH HAS 1K! 🥺💓 thank you guys so much for reading! And I'm BACK

Ashton

It's been a month, and things are going great. Besides the fact that Luke and I can't seem to get any alone time. Speaking of Luke, things are going really well between us. Not that there's things between us. We're just getting along really well.

Ever since my mom walked into Luke's room and I made a fool of myself, she's been highly suspicious of the two of us, but mostly me. She's been asking me questions and hanging around longer than she needs to be. Luke and I have to be extra sneaky, but all we've been doing lately is making out. Between his dance classes, my soccer practices, and my mom patrolling around the house, we don't have time to mess around.

I swear every time Luke and I are about to do something, she bursts into the room. It's like she has this sense and she's ready to be a cockblock.

Tonight we have a big soccer game, against our biggest rival school. No one knows why we hate this other school so much, we're just supposed to hate each other. You know, dumb high school athletics stuff. I really want tonight to be the night Luke and I do something special. I have a gut feeling we're going to win. Something big is going to happen tonight.

"I was thinking." I began, catching Luke's attention. We were sitting on his floor, as he was folding up his laundry. "Tonight after the game, we could do something. Just the two of us." I suggested. Luke smiled, and he bit his lip.

"Really? What do you want to do?" Luke asked, sitting up a little bit.

"I was thinking about going to the beach, getting some ice cream. And I wanted to go surfing." I said with a grin. Luke giggled, and he sighed. "I know you probably miss Australia, so I thought we could do something fun that isn't dance related. I'm a pretty good surfer, by the way." I teased.

"That's really sweet of you, but I don't know how to surf." Luke admitted. My mouth dropped open, and I just stared at him. He was being completely serious. He's an Australian that doesn't know how to surf.

"You're fucking joking right? You're Australian! You have to know how to surf, just like you probably know how to not get eaten by sharks and herd kangaroos!" I exclaimed. Luke rolled his eyes playfully, and he shoved me.

"Those are just stereotypes! What if I said all Americans are stupid and overweight?" Luke asked me. I thought for a moment.

"I mean you wouldn't be wrong-"

"I am wrong, Ashton." Luke laughed. "I never had time for surfing back home, I was always dancing. My dad wanted me to surf like my older brother....or do anything my older brother did. I just never had the time." Luke explained. A part of me felt bad, even though he loves dance. It's his entire life, it's almost all he thinks about.

"Well tonight, that's going to change . I'll teach you how to surf, and maybe you can teach me some ballet moves. So I can understand what you put yourself through." I spoke up. Luke grinned, and he threw his arms around me. He pulled me close to his body, and I wrapped my around him. I took in scent of his French vanilla perfume. My heart beat faster, and my entire body felt warm. Luke pulled away slightly, to look me in the eyes.

"I know I haven't been living here for very long, and we might not know each other all that well. But you make me really happy, Ashton. Happier than I've ever been back home." Luke admitted. My stomach twisted, but in the good way. I nodded my head, thinking of what I wanted to say. There were so many things I wanted to say.